• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hive is (realy) Dead! Long Live the Hive Mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Hello Hivers :)

If anyone's interested, I'm hoping to run a bront.org fantasy football league. You can sign up here, which will require you to register (yes, I'm a shameless promoter).

I know a lot of you hivers already pop in there on occasion, but figured I'd branch out and advertise.

Bloosquig

First Post
Yeah I saw that I almost posted myself but managed to suck it up. As an ex-Marine who served in Iraq it irks me to see crap like that but no reason to feed a troll. :p

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Bloosquig said:
Yeah I saw that I almost posted myself but managed to suck it up. As an ex-Marine who served in Iraq it irks me to see crap like that but no reason to feed a troll. :p
I didn't want to feed it, I didn't see it, I failed my disbelief saving throw ! :)

OMG, 1:51 a.m., I go to bed right now! :)

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm ignoring most of the 4E stuff till it calms down in about 2 weeks. Till then, more frenzy and trolls than anything.

Bloosquig

First Post
That reminds me of a friend I had in a campaign who always exclaimed, "This can't be happening this can't be happening! I try to disbelieve!" anytime anything happened. Good times lol. :p

Yeah the frenzy is kinda amusing as long as your not sucked into the vortex. :D

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Morning, Hive!

Even if I've seen it many times, I fail to understand the "fear of change" that takes a fraction of the user base of any RPG when a new edition get announced.

3e had it, 3.5e had it, nWoD had it, Exalted 2e had it, almost any RPG that I can think had it. All the angst, all the fear, all the frenzy... And then the new edition arrives and 80% of those frenzied posters find it quite better than their fears and they adopt it. And when several years latter a "new new" edition get announced, they are the most frenzied defenders of the "new" edition...

Sigh...

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Just stopping in to say hello.

Hello!

I've been super-busy, and the next couple of weeks look like it won't be letting up.

But, still, things are going well for me. Hope they're going well around here too!

Carnifex

First Post
Horacio said:
That's very true for me too, many many things have happened in real life, and it seems a lot more than four years. In fact, I think I miss a lot those "old times".

Many choices done, some proved very bad, but in the end it could have been a lot worse, so I don't regret them too much. Things are going mostly o.k. now.

PhD finished three years ago, real working life began. Still in the far corner of Brittany, but now working in the IT departement of a bank (instead of doing R&D as I would like). My daughter grows up, already 5 years old.

And you, how are things going ?

Sorry 'bout taking so long to reply to this :)

These days, things're going well enough. I spent a while as an editor at Mongoose Publishing after finishing uni (which was a very interesting experience) then hit a rough patch in life in pretty much all aspects of things after leaving Mongoose. These days though, things are better - steady relationship, decent new job (I'm an 'online marketing executive' - it doesn't pay as grandly as it might sound! ;) ), etc.

I must say, I am really interested in 4e. Truthfully, I've been thinking about doing a new version of Steam & Steel for a while and this might be a good excuse to do so, plus it might finally kick me into working on the Biothaumaturgist's Handbook again. I lost a lot of work on that when my laptop died, which kinda killed my desire to keep working on that and freelance d20 stuff in general :p

Ferret

Explorer
Horacio said:
I'd love going to a Gen Con, but that big nasty ocean keeps me from going... :(

Maybe next year... as I say every year ;)

The big blue wet thing?

Crepes are nice but I prefer the fat pancakes... :p

So this 4e business is for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads