The Hundred Seas

GreyOne

Explorer
Keil pauses in the doorway, turns and says, "My mistake, masters, no talk, just whispers, nothing to concern you with." With that he turns and moves into what is presumably the kitchen. You hear low-cast voices on the other side, one obviously a woman's.

Nado leans forward, his face shrivelling up like a raisin with the bitter taste of of the Haja."My friends, you hear not the fear in his voice. You also hear not his words. He talks of strangers, outlanders about, of late. Outlanders perhaps like us?"

Ulfghar

First Post
"Do you think we are unwelcome here Nado?" asks Ulfghar

"Perhaps we should not linger here long. It may be prudent if we also take a look around before we move on. Keil seems wary and also appears to know more than he is saying. I have an uneasy feeling." states Ulfghar

fintain

First Post
I agree that the situation doesn't seem ideal, but another night in the rain doesn't sound too appealing either. Perhaps we may be able to find someone who will be a bit more conversational.

GreyOne

Explorer
Keil reappears shorty carrying four bowls and spoons. He's followed by a strong-looking woman dressed in a rough spun green dress with Bausslauchi animal glyphs across the bodice. Her raven hair is tied back with a bronze hair pin. Her features are stern but the wrinkles about her eyes show a face used to smiling. She carries a large pot across to the table, a delicious aroma emanating from within.

"Well met, travelers. The Far Stride offers you shelter and food for the night. The stew and bed are fine, a ship per man for the night," she says in smooth Trade, her accent definitely from the south.

"Might I ask the purpose of your travels into these forlorn lands? Ye've not the look of merchants." With that she begins ladelling heaping spoonfuls of the stew into the bowls, setting them before each of you. Fintain's stomach rumbles loudly in protest..

Last edited:

Ulfghar

First Post
"Well, a mutual quest of ours led us to Eastfare. We were enjoying our time there when all of a sudden, we seemed to have wore out our welcome. Deciding it was best to move on, we just followed the road which has led us to you and your wonderful stew." states Ulfghar.

fintain

First Post
"Yes, wearing out our welcome seems to be a talent of ours lately. This part of the world seems very unstable. My compliments to your inn; this is the first time I have been comfortable in days. It's nice to find some peace."

GreyOne

Explorer
My thanks traveler," she says brightly. "A quest you say? Chasing a bard's dreams are you?"

Keil approaches with more of the haja. The fire crackles noisily in the chimney pit.

Ulfghar

First Post
"We are searching for a man who has wronged us in the past. Our chase keeps getting interrupted, but as you may or may not understand, it is often quite difficult to turn away from an opportunity at glory and gold" states Ulfghar.

Remove ads