The Hundred Seas

Ulfghar

First Post
Ulfghar cautiously surveys the surroundings as the party makes its way. "Things just don't seem to be right around here. We'd better keep our eyes peeled."

Last edited:

GreyOne

Explorer
Your entrance into the village proper is accompanied by silent glances from folk going about the rest of their day. Talk is muted, and those few you come near, cease their discussion and move on. Most are of mixed blood, Rivish and Engolthen features predominate. Several children follow you, a dozen or so paces behind. The tower and palisade lies to your left as you wind your way through the timber buildings.

Ahead, you see a two story wattle-and-daub building with the curving casements you’ve seen in a number of villages in your journey north. The conical roofs of the village buildings are a contrast, however, to the tall peaked roof of slate stones that surmounts this building. There is a gate to the side of the, leading into a fenced courtyard. A wagon wheel is nailed above the building’s main door.

As you move across the muddy ground, you hear a shriek off to your right. Nado wheels about, his hand going to his scimitar.

"Adak seda! Fera esh'areb a'ada!" comes a high-pitched voice. It is followed by peels of mindless laughter. An old woman, dressed in filthy rags, her hair unkempt clutches a staff. She stands awkwardly, back bowed and hand outstretched. "Wellwishers! Ha! Deef a'ada! Kivna knows!"

Nado glances at Fintain, a bemused expression on his face. "Well old mother, greetings to you as well."

The woman looks familiar, and it takes but a moment to recognize the old figure who cried out at the funeral rite, the one playing the part of the Crone.

"Mad? Ha! Falif osa-anod strangers! Kivna knows! Where you are! Where you were! Where you will be! Ha!" She cackles gleefully, then stares at you sullenly.

"Well. That's all well and good, mother. If ye be cold and lonely tonight, please, come a'calling on my companion Fintain here," smiles Nado, pointing his thumb at Fintain.

"Ha! Wise are you? Ha! Wise am I? Ha! We shall see. We shall see! Deef a'ada? Ha!" she mutters. With that she turns about, and awkwardly walks between a pair of cottages.

Last edited:

bragon gault

First Post
"One shouldn't mock one's Elders, Nado. Besides even she has more sense than to choose Fintain" Bragon remarks as he steps through the building's main doors.

GreyOne

Explorer
( I )
Nado guffaws loudly at Bragon's jest, following the dark haired man through the door and into a dimly lit chamber. Light pours in through two cloudy glass casements in the northern wall. Opposite stands a trestle table lined with jugs and a cask. Several smaller tables and benches are scattered about the room. At one, two plain-looking fellows in dusty grey woolens are seated, backs bent over the table and wooden mugs in their hands. Their conversation halts as you enter. Both are large, swarthy fellows, of what looks like pure Engolthen blood. They glance towards you and then turn away, returning to their conversation. You hear a crash through a back doorway and something rolling.

"Shimrack's Black Teeth!" comes a muffled curse.

The room smells of leather and stale ale.

( II )
The old crone hobbles down the alleyway. Her walking staff plunges into the muck on the ground, making a squelching sound as she withdraws it from the mud with each step. She is mumbling to herself. "Ha!"

She rounds a bend to the right and awkwardly walks past a rotting rain barrel left against a wall. As Ulfghar comes to the corner, he finds himself face to face with the woman. She is standing, legs apart and leaning on her staff. Her grinning mouth displays perhaps a half-dozen stained, rotting teeth."Ha! Vada? Hee hee. No, ye shan't be asking kisses from Kivna, traveler!" Like is like as not!"

Last edited:

Ulfghar

First Post
Ulfghar addresses Kivna saying "It seems you know things about my friends and I. How is it that you have come upon this information? "

"As I'm sure you already know, we have been travelling for quite some time and we could use as much help as possible in our quest. We would be grateful for any help you can give us."

GreyOne

Explorer
(I)
Past the doorway is a hallway of rough wooden walls. Three stout doors line the opposite walls and at the end, a stairwell leading to the second story. Further down the hall is the source of the crash. You see a grizzled figure bent to the ground picking up shards of wet pottery. A pool of liquid lies about the pieces of broken crockery. The figure's greying black hair is tied back in a tail, though you cannot see his face. The figure is muttering under his breath.

(II)
The woman smiles and leans against her staff."Ehhm? Secerets and knowledge? Ha! They are coins, most certainly. Ha! Grief lies in your footprints, most certainly, too! Ha! Kivna knows. But Kivna won't tell! Not this time. Hee hee. How 'bout a kiss then? " at that, she smacks her lips together.

Last edited:

Remove ads