• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hundred Seas

Ulfghar

First Post
(II)

"Not this time Kivna... but I thank you for your help"

Ulfghar heads inside to meet up with his companions.

Last edited:

GreyOne

Explorer
“Hrrrrmmm? What’s that? No. No the best, but no the worst, either. Fair met traveler. By my name, I am Fash, Fash One’Eye,” says the man, standing quickly at your words. His voice is rough but friendly enough. A smile lights up an otherwise ravaged face. Scars mark the left side and the eye there is pale and sightless. His drawling accent is unmistakeably Memondalan.

“So ye’ve a thirst for my ale then? Hasla! Hurry up girl! Take a bench sirrah and ye and yours will have it,” he says. Moments later he and a young, plain-looking girl dressed in faded yellow woollens emerge from the back. She sets about pouring your ale from the cask. At that moment, Ulfghar enters through the door, his mud-caked boots light upon the wooden floor.

“So you have received your kiss then Ulf?” smiles Nado, taking a seat near the table. “And what is our friend Fintain up to? Was he not with you?”

Ulfghar

First Post
"Well, not all of us feel it's necessary to have our arses stuck to the bar stool all the time. I figured the old bird might have some helpful information for us. Seems she was more show than anything else." replies Ulfghar.

"Haven't seen Fintain in a while. Maybe he felt that trouble was brewing and he took to hiding somewhere" Ulfghar laughs

GreyOne

Explorer
Nado gracefully takes his mug of ale from the girl. "Well, I am cursed by the gods…or perhaps merely hungry. Good Fash. Might you also have meat and bread in your larder?

“Most certainly, traveler,” he says with a ruined smile. He gestures for the girl to bring out servings for each man. “Are thee travellin’ from afar? Ye’ve the look of far away, and I would know, since I’m Memondalan, at least by my mother’s word.”

“Astuteness is surely one of your qualities Master Fash. Aye. We’ve travelled long and far to reach this place,” Nado drinks a long draught of his ale, smacking his lips loudly and glancing at Bragon. “It seems we be arriving in a place with its own griefs.”

“Aye. Kotso has its own troubles, that’s fer sure. The Lord Orvogan was slain but three days past. Half of his men with him. Ambushed, so they say, by Visel, a lordling to the north. They say he has Maergyr riding with him. Coin-sworn fer certain, but nasty fer us,” says Fash. You easily discern the concern in his voice. “The ale and the food will cost ye a ship each.”

(Campaign footnote: a “ship” is a silver piece, Memondalan)

Last edited:

bragon gault

First Post
Bragon slips him four ships. "Why would Visel want him dead? Was there some sort of feud between the two men? It clearly has the town set on edge."

GreyOne

Explorer
"Aye. Orvogan and Visel have been fighting skirmishes for two seasons to see which will receive tribute over the villages that lie 'tween the two. Since, Orvogan's death, it seems that Visel be intent on takin' the lot. Orvo's wife be strong, but no so strong to stand against the Maergyr" replies Fash, the worn coins disappearing quickly into his hand. "Visel wants it all, that be as sure as my eye can't see. He be a cruel man, be Visel. You'll no wish to be staying here fer long. I've no decided myself if me and mine will even stay."

Last edited:

Ulfghar

First Post
"We are to meet with Preda at sundown. It will be very interesting to hear what she has to say." says Ulfghar.

"We're often quite willing to lend a helping hand... if there's a few coins in it for us, but I don't know that I want my head chopped off by a bunch of hired goons"

GreyOne

Explorer
“The Maergyr are no mere hireswords friend. Nasty, implacable and merciless they be. They fear only the Shamad, and the two have deep hatred fer the other. Nonetheless, I be sure the Lada Preda has need of extra swords. My advice to you and yours though is to be quit of this place," With that, Fash departs the room. He returns only on occasion to refill your cups.

The remainder of the day passes idly. In time, the two fellows seated at the bench on the other side of the room, finish their ales and depart. They avoid looking at you as they leave, and the door clatters shut. The girl Hasla enters the room several hours later to light the three braziers hanging from the ceiling. You hear occasional noise and voices from the back but nobody else enters the room.

“Well, it seems Fintain has once again made one of his disappearances,” says Nado reflectively. “He is a curiously solitary fellow, is he not?” Without waiting for a reply, Nado stands, stretching his long arms above his head and saunters over to the room’s sole window: a thick, rectangular block of cloudy glass.

"The day is now late. Shall we make our way to the Lady’s Hall?"

bragon gault

First Post
"I believe we shall, Nado. Let's go see her Ladyship and see if we can find out what's going on around here" Bragon Gault gathers his things and leaves the inn.

Remove ads