• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Make whichever check you think is appropriate. Pick whatever skill you think is appropriate. The map on the picture is engraved into a wide golden bowl that probably weight 15 pounds, probably not something you'd keep in your coat even if you could fit it in somehow.

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin ignores Illarion but does not say anything further. He shows the details of the picture to anyone who asks.

[sblock="picture again for everyone to read"]
You clean enough off the picture to make out individuals: one is undoubtedly Dartanian Grey. His clothes aren't as nice and he doesn't have the jewelry, but he does have the giant red coat.

Next is a woman dressed in leather armor covered with straps, buckles, and throwing knives. She has extremely short red hair and a rapier strapped to her side and is ruffling Dartanian's hair in the picture.

Third is the dead man, smiling broadly. He is balding somewhat and wearing a blue robe. In his hand is a golden bowl a foot across. The painting is so finely detailed that you can make out what seems to be a partial map leading to... well, tough to tell without the rest of it...

Last is another woman, slightly older than the first. She's wearing sailor's garb and has long, braided brown hair. She has one hand resting on the shoulder of the man on the blue robe.

Behind them is a rugged looking ship with square sails.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"Careful, Raijin of whom you call charlatan, my power is just as real as yours.

Can I look at the picture? At the map particularly. It seems like something that could be put in the Dartanian Gray's coat, right?"

"See?" Devinihm says, apparently just now catching on. "Have you been cured of your blindness?"

Or, perhaps he still hasn't quite caught on.

"Auntimab, can you take us to the ship, or the tavern? Do you know which is closest to here?"

Llama_Bill

First Post
"To the tavern to see where this all started perhaps? Make it easier to work out how this is progressing," says Krav as he walk through the gates.

pacdidj

First Post
"Well, will you look at that?," Auntie Mab muses while inspecting the picture. "Maybe this captain lady is the Elean the ring was meant for. She does look quite friendly with that poor man in the blue. Why don't we go inspect her ship, dearies? The lower docks aren't far from here. Come along and I'll show you the way."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 2, Minute 46

Upon close examination, Illarion can make out that the map seems to be some islands. There are no names on them and they don't look particularly familiar to him, but the map also seems to end abruptly on two sides, as though there was more that they couldn't fit on the bowl.

GM: I'll assume you guys are heading to the docks and post an update when I have more time later tonight, unless the group seems to make another decision in the mean time.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 3, Minute 3

The group hikes through the dark city, only the danger of night-time Daunton and the memories of what they've seen so far keeping them from feeling the late hour. A few yawns slip out as the party nears the docks, however. It doesn't take too long to find the Lucky Lucy.

What gives it away is the four watchmen sitting on boxes on the dark with a lantern, dicing on a fifth box. They glance up when you approach from the dark streets that lead to this end of the docks and reach for weapons, watching you warily.

Llama_Bill

First Post
Krav slowly pulls out the papers showing that he is a deputy and starts to speak in a practised friendly tone, "Don't worry lads we're all working on the murders, we have the papers."

[sblock=OOC]This isn't a check right? I'm just stating the truth. I'll say this once we get close enough for them to hear.[/sblock]

Remove ads