• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Some threads should be labeled with a "not looking for discussion"
I've seen subreddits with that option and honestly it's a great idea. Some people just want to vent and if there's no illusion of them looking for a solution or criticism to their gripe, other people don't waste their time trying.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Back in the day, it was common to use the tag [PEACH] when you were looking for feedback on something you had written yourself. Like, "Here's My Homebrew Warlock [PEACH]." I think the acronym stands for Please Examine and Critique Heavily.

It was great for those of us who were actively looking for feedback on something we had created. I feel like it helped cut down on the typical "you're ruining everything!" commentary. I haven't seen that tag get used in more than a decade, though...maybe it's time to bring it back?

Mad_Jack

Legend
I may have just found an actual real-life example of "badwrongfun"...

The local Aldi's supermarket has frozen "goat cheese & fig" pizzas. :eek:

I was mildly horrified.

Sir, you are providing a master class in both sea lioning and trolling. Well done you sir.

sealion.jpg

Back in the day, it was common to use the tag [PEACH] when you were looking for feedback on something you had written yourself. Like, "Here's My Homebrew Warlock [PEACH]." I think the acronym stands for Please Examine and Critique Heavily.

It was great for those of us who were actively looking for feedback on something we had created. I feel like it helped cut down on the typical "you're ruining everything!" commentary. I haven't seen that tag get used in more than a decade, though...maybe it's time to bring it back?

Well, the H was originally for "honestly", but they usually got more of the "heavily"...

The [+] tag is intended to to roughly the same job.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
The local Aldi's supermarket has frozen "goat cheese & fig" pizzas. :eek:
I was mildly horrified.
Yep, that's a thing. It usually has caramelized onion, prosciutto, and a balsamic drizzle on it too, and no marinara sauce. At least that's how the "trendy" pizza shops in Portland do it.

1712080775402.png

I've had it before. I thought it was kinda mediocre...nothing to write home about.

My personal choice for today would be the Border To Border: Canadian bacon + jalapeño peppers. (Not to be confused with the Coast To Coast pizza, which is two kinds of seafood that nobody can ever agree on. Maine lobster + Washington oysters? Oregon salmon + Chesapeake crabs? Nobody knows.)

1712081510539.png

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yep, that's a thing. It usually has caramelized onion, prosciutto, and a balsamic drizzle on it too, and no marinara sauce. At least that's how the "trendy" pizza shops in Portland do it.

View attachment 355679

I've had it before. I thought it was kinda mediocre...nothing to write home about.

My personal choice for today would be the Border To Border: Canadian bacon + jalapeño peppers. (Not to be confused with the Coast To Coast pizza, which is two kinds of seafood that nobody can ever agree on. Maine lobster + Washington oysters? Oregon salmon + Chesapeake crabs? Nobody knows.)

View attachment 355682
The border to border sounds excellent. I see a lot of Hawaiian pizzas in SoCal that add jalepeno and it's a good fit.

Remove ads