• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Ryujin

Legend
Elsewhere...

Poster, who posted on a motorcycle forum about a rider punching his mirror off for not getting out of the passing lane fast enough, revives thread after 10 years to say that he still thinks about the event today. He was not a rider and was quite contrite about his own actions during the incident, which were nowhere in scale with the rider's response.

Immediately attacked by a long-term entitled poster. Way to represent the sport, jackass.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I miss when super-hero comic series could actually tell their own stories in peace without continual interruptions from sprawling multi-title "events" and unwanted editorially-mandated crossovers.
Those drove me out of comics. It go so frustrating to to keep track of which comics the story was in and what order to read them in. I read things out of order, spoiling some things and completely missing out on others as I didn't realize that the story continued in a certain title until it was gone from the shelves.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
For me, it's Facebook. I follow a couple of Steampunk pages and a friend has a page on which she posts about ghost stories and medium readings. For some reason the algorithm thinks that I need to buy frilly Victorian undergarments.
My wife once purchased a new brand of bra. Facebook started trying to sell me those bras. I mean, I'm not as thin as I should be, but I don't need a bra!! :mad:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
If some new pizza joint describes their pizza using a word, do you think it's more likely they're using that word the way people who haven't studied pizza use it, or the way some Pizza Genius on the Internet used it more than a decade ago?

For some reason the algorithm thinks that I need to buy frilly Victorian undergarments.
Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Whalebone stays are Not Okay though.
My wife once purchased a new brand of bra. Facebook started trying to sell me those bras. I mean, I'm not as thin as I should be, but I don't need a bra!! :mad:
That's a rather negative take on it. Perhaps it was intended as a compliment to your incredible sex appeal causing your wife to regularly shred her undergarments in her haste to disrobe, thereby requiring frequent replacements. Those things are expensive, if you're involved in their destruction it's only fair for you to bear part of the financial burden of buying new ones. :)

ichabod

Legned
For me, it's Facebook. I follow a couple of Steampunk pages and a friend has a page on which she posts about ghost stories and medium readings. For some reason the algorithm thinks that I need to buy frilly Victorian undergarments.
I was doing work on toy data and kept have to search online for toys to properly categorize them. I started getting lots of diaper ads.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I was doing work on toy data and kept have to search online for toys to properly categorize them. I started getting lots of diaper ads.

I happen to look up a particular style of pin used (at least at one time) to fasten the pneumatic closer mechanism for a screen door to the mount end on the door frame. They're not cotter pins nor clevis pins (the latter being what I expect may have replaced them sometimes in the last few years, since I can't even find a picture of one any more). While trying to describe one, the closest thing I could find was the old fashion style of clothes pin, so I looked one up and showed it to someone. The image I found was apparently on Amazon.

Amazon is now sending me pointers to old-fashioned clothes pins every few days.

At least when I was getting constant lingerie ads, I got to look at pretty girls in lingerie...

Remove ads