• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Wow. Nothing like that topic to see all the folks that have blocked me all in one place.

And then feeling grateful that those folks have all blocked me.
A lot of people get mad at me for doing my real-life job. I have friends in very different fields who can't imagine working that way, but I tell them, when it's the right people mad at you, it doesn't both you at all.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Meaning your fillings are tracking you via GPS, relaying audio signals to the Kremlin and one of them includes a cyanide capsule?

I wondered why I suddenly tasted almonds just now...

A lot of people get mad at me for doing my real-life job. I have friends in very different fields who can't imagine working that way, but I tell them, when it's the right people mad at you, it doesn't both you at all.

For some people out there, I consider the measure of how mad they are at me to be the measure of how good a person I am.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
If your bar has gone to a really limited beer list, and it's entirely made up of super hoppy IPAs that have nothing else flavor wise, don't be surprised when a bunch of customers decide they're done.

I mean, I don't need tons of variety, but I need some. And seriously, look at your menu before grousing about the customers or economy.
Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

I just don't get the hype around Cowboy Beebob. I saw the first anime, it started out decent, then turned boring, then turned depressing AND boring. We did finish watching it, but just barely.
Different people like different things. I can't say why you find it boring, but the depressing part comes with the territory when you're talking noir fiction regardless of the media format. Even the "happiest" noir ending tends to be bittersweet and costly, and Bebop isn't one of the happiest by a long shot.

It might also be a matter of perspective. Cowboy Bebop came out around 25 years ago. While I think the animation still holds up fine, the modern standards of fight scene sakuga have come a ways. Oldtaku like myself who grew up on 70s and 80s anime are likely think more highly of something from the turn of the century than someone who's seen stuff from the last ten years or so, and for 90s kids Bebop (and the other Adult Swim anime) is a nostalgic childhood memory. There's a big community out there hyping it, which is why you see it mentioned a lot.

Last edited:

Remove ads