The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I have unfortunately been on a few forums where the ignore feature that is used has been weaponized against other users, it’s not a perfect system. No system really is.

However, the solution isn’t to remove such a feature, but to have a good moderation team to ensure the feature is being used properly. On that front I think the mods here do a pretty good job of that.
I've been put on Ignore by a number of people, for a number of reasons. Most often, it was because my many polls, writing contests, and old "5E Survivor" threads were clogging up their feed and they needed a break from it all. I used to get ignored for my stance on certain topics (namely, 4th Edition D&D and social equality issues), but that hasn't happened in years, since I stopped arguing with people on the Internet. But in all cases, I never once felt like I was being "punished" for something.

Someone doesn't like what I have to say? That's fine...why wouldn't that be fine?

EDIT: I should clarify. There are plenty of things that aren't "fine" by any stretch of the imagination. Bigotry, hate speech, stalking, bigotry, threats, and bigotry should all be annihilated, with haste--but those are violations of the Terms and Rules of the site, and that's for moderators to handle, not the Ignore feature. I'm talking about matters of opinion, not evil intent.

Last edited:

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
I've been put on Ignore by a number of people, for a number of reasons. Most often, it was because my many polls, writing contests, and old "5E Survivor" threads were clogging up their feed and they needed a break from it all. I used to get ignored for my stance on certain topics (namely, 4th Edition D&D and social equality issues), but that hasn't happened in years. But in all cases, I never once felt like I was being "punished" for my behavior.

Someone doesn't like what I have to say? That's fine...why wouldn't that be fine?
I don’t view being ignored as a punishment either. It’s a tool to help users, and I’d rather people use it then end up feeling so uncomfortable they don’t wish to participate on these forums or give into the temptation of arguing and getting so fired up they get in trouble.

It would be very lonely here if everyone got banned or avoided this place because they didn’t feel safe to chat here.

I only blocked someone recently because I was so over them always doing a wall of text with ever response as if they had a word count they needed to hit.

d55.jpg

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Yeah, that tracks. The game that's notoriously hard to follow, wildly overwritten, and has rules tucked away or hidden in odd places was written by a person it's like pulling teeth to get actual useful information from. That explains so much.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Semi-regular reminder:

Pineapple, Bards, and Catsup might all be evil, but their use (or use of equivalents) is strongly encouraged/recommended here.

Thank you for your assistance.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Semi-regular reminder:

Pineapple, Bards, and Catsup might all be evil, but their use (or use of equivalents) is strongly encouraged/recommended here.

Thank you for your assistance.
The most recent Locke Lamora book convinces me that I want to play a criminal/bard for my first 2024 PHB character.

I draw the line at ketchup, though.

Remove ads