• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Imperial Age Design

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Hey Walt. Thanks for the update. I'd rather not have to choose between the spells and the engines, but the spells aren't really so much of a necessity. I hope the engines make it into the final cut.

Walt C

Explorer
Hey Walt. Thanks for the update. I'd rather not have to choose between the spells and the engines, but the spells aren't really so much of a necessity. I hope the engines make it into the final cut.

There is a condensed spell list in the main book. I'll possibly add more if we have room after the final page count.

Currently, Engines is still "in," but no final decision has been made. Your preference has been noted. ;-)

Walt

Banshee16

First Post
I haven't checked out Imperial Age before, but I've been thinking of doing so. Would the contents of the Imperial Age: Faeries, and Imperial Age: Martial Arts (title??) be included as part of this omni-edition?

Is it collecting everything in one book?

Are there adventures for the setting?

Banshee

Stormborn

Explorer
I haven't checked out Imperial Age before, but I've been thinking of doing so. Would the contents of the Imperial Age: Faeries, and Imperial Age: Martial Arts (title??) be included as part of this omni-edition?

Is it collecting everything in one book?

Are there adventures for the setting?

Banshee

Walt is the editor for the book and the line, but given the amount of work I have put into it I think I can answer your questions and let him pop in later and correct me if neccessary.

IA: Faeries and IA: Fisticuffs and Swordplay will not be included. We began working on the idea that we would include as much of what had been put out as possible into one source...with just what we considered the 'basics' it was over 800 pages. Since we didn't want to produce a Ptolus sized work we are cutting back a lot, but it will still be a pretty hefty book and have everythign you need to play w/o rference to anything else. Or such is the goal. IA:Faeries and some of the other cut material along with some new stuff boiling around in the back of my brain might show up later in a Magick Omnibus.

There are two adventures: Hell Hath No Fury and The Price of Immortality. However, you should be aware that the Imperial Age is more a toolkit related to a particualr era than it is a setting, strictly speaking. Thus different adventures may have different levels of utility for you. Many of the books, Faeries and Magick for example, have a couple fo suggested settings and adventure seeds.

You can find everything out so far here.

Walt C

Explorer
New Update 11/18/08

Banshee - Hell Hath No Fury and The Price of Immortality are low-level (1-3) adventures. That said both are easily scalable for higher levels. They are both set in 1880 London, and only HHNF requires minimal F/X elements (Price can be played as a straight historical). Both adventures offer suggestions for different types of campaigns.

Now, for the official update.

Faerie and London are still out of the book. Fisticuffs & Swordplay and the Gentleman Scientist are still teetering on the fence.

The bulk of the rough draft is complete. Currently, we're taking a hard look at the rules and seeing where we can trim things up.

For THE BIG NEWS, see publishers and press releases ;-)

Walt Ciechanowski
Imperial Age Line Developer
Adamant Entertainment

Walt C

Explorer
11-25 Update

Hey all! Time for another update.

I'm finishing up Equipment, which is the last chapter of the book that needed drafting. All other chapters are just awaiting final edits and layout. <whew!>

New Developments:

Engines, Fisticuffs & Swordplay and the Gentleman Scientist are in.

While much of Grimoire was cut, there are 70 spells included in the book, all reflavoured for the Victorian setting. The Druid is in, but we dropped the two prestige classes.

Combat has been streamlined so that you can play without a battlemat (the assumption is that those who like full-on MSRD combat can simply port it back in). Hot Pursuit and Hot Pursuit: On Foot are incorporated.

We based initiative on Reflex rather than Dex (again, easily ported out).

Victorian Monstrosities was cut except for the Horror rules, which are in.

We have included Foe Factory: Modern for ease of NPC creation.

That's about it for now.

Walt Ciechanowski
Adamant Entertainment

Loonook

First Post
Hey all! Time for another update.

I'm finishing up Equipment, which is the last chapter of the book that needed drafting. All other chapters are just awaiting final edits and layout. <whew!>

New Developments:

Engines, Fisticuffs & Swordplay and the Gentleman Scientist are in.

While much of Grimoire was cut, there are 70 spells included in the book, all reflavoured for the Victorian setting. The Druid is in, but we dropped the two prestige classes.

Combat has been streamlined so that you can play without a battlemat (the assumption is that those who like full-on MSRD combat can simply port it back in). Hot Pursuit and Hot Pursuit: On Foot are incorporated.

We based initiative on Reflex rather than Dex (again, easily ported out).

Victorian Monstrosities was cut except for the Horror rules, which are in.

We have included Foe Factory: Modern for ease of NPC creation.

That's about it for now.

Walt Ciechanowski
Adamant Entertainment

I have been following this thread to see how everything is coming out... and I must say Imperial Age is becoming quite tempting now.

I must have it... and find a way to get it through my wonked out RPGNow accounts :(.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Walt C

Explorer
Wow, has it really been over a month? Sheesh.

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update before 2009. Obviously, things have been progressing a bit more slowly than I'd hoped, and I've been too busy with various factors to give the project the TLC it needed before print. Rather than rush the IA RPG into print to make the deadline, we made the decision to hold it off until after the new year, shooting for a late Jan/early Feb release.

The biggest factor is editing. We've had a few changes in philosophy during development and I want to make sure that everything holds together smoothly. I'd also like to include a decent index.

Rest assured, the IA RPG WILL be coming out, and sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, check out Fantastical Races and the Price of Immortality (especially as neither will be incorporated into the omnibus).

Happy New Year!

Walt Ciechanowski
Adamant Entertainment

Remove ads