• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Infamous [M&M] [CLOSED]

jkason

First Post
Enjoying things so far. I don't think Shane's as bloodthirsty as a lot of the others, but that'll just make things more interesting RP-wise, I think. :)

And like Hybrid, Shane's not much of a master-planner, so he's likely to fall under the sway of the others with more focused agendas, since it means he has to do less thinking and can focus on the rabble-rousing. :)

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Excellent image of Einar during his better days. ;)
Add him some pot belly from lack of exercise and about 30-40 years of harsh life. Remove all scars, since cannibalistic magic lets him heal even worst wounds over time. Just like in the movie "Ravenous".

Guess he'll be obliged to acquire shotgun and axe for his equipment them. :heh:

I like my plans simple, and make elaborate plots for the sake of plotting. Not to mention that GM might like idea or two and use it for NPC's and/or prepare himself for plot made for PC's and by them.

Of course I fully intend Einar to go to Stonehenge, try the ritual ... and eventually release something horrific from under the sacred dolmens. For I'm suspicious about these excavations. Suspicious !:]

Rainmar

First Post
Hail o'evil ones!
I have read some part of your "adventures" and I see it's in advanced stage, and was wondering if there is any space left for a new villain? I have brewed some time ago a idea of a megalomaniac ratman mad scientist, with a brain bottled in jar. Simple guess, he's name is Brain...and has a trusted(because its construct! :devil:) underling, a towering powerhouse named Pinky.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I think I can handle one more, however I'm assuming that concept is a joke of course. Also, as noted somewhere, Minions and sidekicks are off the game, mainly to avoid DM overload.

Rainmar

First Post
Ok, I got a little carried away with that idea. Abusing those WB characters in such mean way really made my day. And using such names as Brain and Pinky, wasnt going along grim and gritty world you are trying to create here.

I love to play Mad Scientists and was wondering if I would be allowed to play one. And the idea of a rat-man...well, Skavens from WFRP are main influence. :)

For a Mad Scientist to not have minions will be troublesome, but on the other hand, a DM overload is worst what can happen here. I have other ideas, but they include owning a corporation, and this is kind of realted to haveing underlings of sort. What do you think?

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
That is possible. However, keep in mind that you can have a mad scientist (I do love to play such characters myself) that has lost his minions/corporation/lab because of those damn heroes! That would set the mood for revenge.
A mastermind is certainly lacking in this game, so it'll be nice.

Rainmar

First Post
Let's meet Alexiej Ventrue, the son of the head of Ventrue Company(WE own the world so you dont have to!). He is young, attractive, with brains(not yet in jar) and genius enough to make other geniuses green from envy. Very quickly beating down the university he sets off to invent and create on his own. However at this time, the nicest part of his live has just ended. His father was dying, well when you have 80 years on your back it aint easy, and by his will, Alexiej inherits Ventrue Company. Of course the rest of the Driector's Board aint happy with this. Now, few chapters are filled up by gore, fear, assasins, mental breakedown, more assasins. broken trusts, friends trying to backstab you, even more assasins...after some time the rest of the Director's Board has taken their "vacational" leave...permamently.
Alexiej has changed, in those few months he has seen and felt more treasons, backstabbing and sudden ninjas out of nowhere more then many bosses gathered together. HE grow colder, pragamatic, distrustful. Human's live meant nothing to him...no price was too big for him now. VEntrue Company grew even more, after he incorporated many technological marvels of his device and soon it was known of it cutting0edge technology and leader in electronical development. But as big the corporation grow, it's shadow too. After some time Alexiej has controlled much of the crime on the Mother Russia soil, and even few fabled Triads, the Kingpins of Eastern Underworld. He was know to them as A, the 60 year old man, appearing before his minions only via video, showing only his chest and lap, on which a big white cat was sitting. Ventrue Company was growing even more, its grasp on world's economy and tech development grwoing even more. But in his plans, Alexiej has overlooked a thing he thought to be done. Some of the Director's board has managed to survive the onslaught and worked with British Goverment. By some insane luck( or they just asked James Bond for help) they managed to grab some essential information, detailing some of Alexiej's lil' sins. British in rage, fueled by pure fear, has spilled their tea and dropped their monocles. MI6 was dispatched to counter the threat, but with that Alexiej would have managed to overcome. The blow came from the direction he has never expected. Noone else but the superhero and a Lord, The British Flag, has kidnapped him. His empire left without his unholy guidance fell prey to Britain's Secret Agents. The British Flag has dropped him to a helicopter, bounded like someone from psychic's facility, who was supposed to take him into the court and then to prision. Little he know that helicopter have brought him to the roof of Ventrue's Comapny HQ. British Flag was probably too drunked with glory and tea at that time. At the building Alexiej was beaten by folks very well known to him, the rest of the driector's board. Team there didnt mind making it sloooooow and painfull so Alexi had some time to think a D plan. He managed to shake his bonds and dart straight into his room. Ther with just a touch of a nice red button, reservoir generators were fired up, all exits, doors, lifts sealed and all control being moved here. He has taken his time and there he made a suit of power armor and with it's help he hunted down and slew ever one in the building. After that he checked on his empire and only a smoldering ruins stood before his eyes. But it was too early for our lil Alexi to drown in regret, remorse or whatever people like to drown in such situations. He stud up, cold fire in his eyes. He made new calcuations and plans for future. It was a valuable lesson he learned today. "If it doesnt kill you, it will make you stronger". He made a footage of him being murdered(rated M) by his opressors and them thanking British Flag for giving them a chance of bloody revenge. Yes, he will use it in future to shatter his reputation, and kill him in more ways then just physical. He has salvaged as much as he could and left building. After few hours, a atomic explosion has leveld the building down, covering any tracks he could have left.

After some time, a new residence has appeared in Gotham. It's owner is Michael Sullivan, the patron of Tesla Innovation's, the small company that endulges in research and innovation.

-------------------------------------------------------------

DM-sama, I know that the point is in raising from the ashes and smacking back the puny heroes. But my inexperience makes it hard to came up with a scientist without at least little stuff as being a "patron" of some small research comapny. I have found a supplement to M&M called Mastermind's Manual, the guy from front cover inspired me even more :) I await you divine (or hellish:devil:) judgement.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Inexperience ? Thus if DM allows, I would give You some hints. Give Your Russian some big mental stats (maybe except wisdom). His power armor should be represented by Device Power. There You should decide if it's Tugh-as-Nails type of weapon or You-don't-kow-what-kills-You weapon. My advice is such, try flexibility in machine's abilities but not too much diversity, unless You are really good at managing myriads of options. Not to mention that it's better to have several strong options instead of myriad weak options that will barely suffice on minions.;)

His research coroporation should be mostly flavor based, and in Game Mechanics You could represent it by several Equipment feats representing his material backing. For example Lady Gray have contacts in innocent japanese corporation who help her in getting jobs. She's a ninja after all. Her resources are represent by Equipment feats.

If You won't take constructor feat, that allows You to create one-shot Devices ... Your character will represent a type of tech-genius who develop things slowly and methodically. If You take it, Your guy is capable of creating insane stuff that blows up often. :lol:

And I have for You a very important question: Did Alexiej saved the White Cat from the British Agents ?

Of course feel free to ignore my ramblings, but being on Your place I would consider contacting Russian Mob localised in Gotham. They might be useful in getting in touch with some of our team.

Rainmar

First Post
Thanks Rik for advice, but before I will consider details I will wait for DM to accept main idea of my Villain.

Thou I couldnt help myslef and started making notes on his equipment and connections. Yes' I have been aware that Lady Gray has same sort of corporation under her disposal but I wasn't sure how it works till now.

To being able to cook up something on the run is sweet but somehow aint go along a cooled mastermind as Alexiej, of course such a trait better suits Mad Inventors.(Ok, i couldnt help myslef, I have taken that feat xD) Seems I have made Alexiej to be much more of a Evil Genius then Mad...which doesnt exclude a hint of madness at all. And it aint the first Ventrue Company im trying to lead :D A russian flavored Iron-Man, sounds nice!

Contacting Russian Mob in Gotham? I would say taking over;)

Tbh, I have no idea to happened to the cat. <10 disfavor, >10 favor.

Let's roll for it. Roll Lookup

Oups, disfavor...teh kitty is now abused by the hand of British Queen! Damn that British flag! To abuse my Sasha! She just made her way to my little black notepad of undying hatred.:devil:

Can't endure it, starting to work on character sheet right now.

Ok, Rik has averted a dizaster and explained to me how Alternate Power Feat works...damn nice!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads