The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

moritheil

First Post
Take care, Bloodweaver.

Napoleonic Soup, you're in!

SG - 1800 gp x 1.5, per my reading.

Since everyone seems to want to get underway, I'm going to shift the scenery a bit. Anyone who wasn't with the initial group may nonetheless join in whenever (make up some IC reason you weren't about, and decide whether or not your char would actually explain it.)

reel_big_gish

First Post
Real quick like, before it becomes an issue, I just want to make sure that I'll be allowed to use the Dark Sacrifice rules for craftign XP/Gp. The max XP I could garnish per sacrifice is around 180, If I went to extreme lengths to set up an unhallowed altar in the middle of a street and sacrificed a willing virgin cleric of a good god in front of more than 100 followers in an hour long ritual topping off a day of torture and the ritual feeding of the limbs to a hungry demon.

Realistically, I'll get ~100 XP or 150Gp per sacrifice, and there's the 1/day limit.

Like I said, I just want to make sure I'll be able to use it, since I expended around 20 skill points and a feat to make it viable for Hanaav.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
moritheil said:
SG - 1800 gp x 1.5, per my reading.

OK, thanks!
I've done my first post. my character is 90% complete, & I just need to finalize skills and finish spending some money. The bulk of it is good enough to get started.
I'll have everything finished soon, I promise! ;)
Cheers,

SG

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
By the way, I have a power gaming question for y'all.

I'm not sure if at our level, and keeping in mind that my character has a str of 34, it's better to go with the cleave feat chain or the whirwing feat chain.

Both are kewl, but I'm leaning towards cleave, in case we have more powerful foes...
Any thoughts?

Thanks and cheers,

SG

moritheil

First Post
First, there is something else that needs to be mentioned to the socialites - Bluff, Diplomacy and other social skills do not constitute mind control. That is, there is a huge difference between what a Paladin with a "helpful" attitude might do and what a red dragon with a "helpful" attitude might do. Further, Diplomacy is the art of compromise, and even a very favorably inclined individual might expect something in return for their aid. This is normally considered reasonable, but it should be mentioned at the start of a campaign.

RBG - Yes. Be aware that procurement generally constitutes a significant difficulty. As such, the 1/day limit itself should rarely come into play.

Regarding your other comments - Knowledge (religion) ranks are hardly wasted in the way that Profession (gambler) or other obscure skill points are, and are quite useful in and of themselves.

With regard to the Dark Craft rules, it is clear from the BoVD table that either XP or GP - but not both - can be gleaned from a single sacrifice (just as, say, a cat's grace spell or a bull's strength spell might be obtained, but not both.) Also, sacrifice is not a reliable thing, and the rules text state clearly that even if a specific reward is sought, it is by no means certain that it will be obtained.

Finally, it should be mentioned that sacrifice cannot be done while crafting (as with anything other than eating, drinking, talking, and resting during that time) and that at most one ritual's worth of virtual dark craft XP and one ritual's worth of GP can be applied to one item - and only once. This last restriction is presumably not an issue for the typical cleric, but it may be an issue for an artificer.

These issues are clarified here so that you yourself can decide whether or not this constitutes a viable activity.

SG - Great cleave is rarely used in most campaigns, but who knows?

moritheil

First Post
Anyone whose character has served Derwydden for years and would like to make a Gather Information check to represent information learned in those years may request one.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yes, I was trying to speak with the Generals assuming that's still possible. Not sure how far we are from them or if they're even still there.

moritheil

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Yes, I was trying to speak with the Generals assuming that's still possible. Not sure how far we are from them or if they're even still there.

Noted. Incidentally, your sheet should specify your race and levels. It is unclear where you are getting spell resistance from to improve, as if you take the cheapest way to be undead (Necropolitan) you have no innate spell resistance.

NS - Please post your finalized char in the RG thread (sblocked, like all the others.)

Remove ads