• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

moritheil

First Post
I should mention to everyone that you will get another chance at a briefing once you meet the cultists on the other side. They are probably more receptive to questions.

Voadam - It has been one week since inception. Is that the final version of your sheet? Please post your entry in the IC thread.

SG - Don't forget to change those d12s back to d8s if you're not undead.

moritheil

First Post
NS - one more thing: flamebrothers have 7 natural armor, not 8. Only nobles have 8.

If your intmod is +4, you have more than 88 skill points (7*12 + 3*6 = 102.) Remember, though, that your racial skills are not necessarily your class skills, and some skills may be cross-class for racial HD (while others may be cross-class for your class levels but not cross-class for racial HD.)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
moritheil said:
Remember, though, that your racial skills are not necessarily your class skills, and some skills may be cross-class for racial HD (while others may be cross-class for your class levels but not cross-class for racial HD.)

By the way, what are the class skills for a Babau? I merrily selected skills without bothering with class vs. non-class skills for racial levels. So, I may need to revamp that.

Thanks and cheers?

SG

Voadam

Legend
Sorry about the dilly dallying. I'm going to change the hat to a haversack, nothing I can think of to disguise self as for large that it would make sense for a troll to know.

Voadam

Legend
I also tied Snargle into the demon lord Ochremesk from Demon God's Fane since that module uses fiendish troll fighters as minions of that demon lord.

moritheil

First Post
V - Very nice touch.

SG - Babaus: Climb, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Search, Sleight of Hand. (Every skill in the monster listing except Survival and Use Rope, which have low modifiers because there are no ranks involved - and there are no ranks involved for those because they aren't class skills.)

In case anyone else is wondering:

Succubi get Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (any one), Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot.

Flamebrother Salamanders get Craft (blacksmithing), Hide, Listen, Move Silently, and Spot.

Trolls get Listen and Spot.

If you have racial HD that are not listed up there, look at your monster entry (without class levels) and try to determine your class skills according to the principles outlined above.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
moritheil said:
I should mention to everyone that you will get another chance at a briefing once you meet the cultists on the other side. They are probably more receptive to questions.

Cool. Need my question answered. :]

As for my character, I know it's been a week and I apologize. I'll try to have everything done by tonight, which includes detailing where my abilities are coming from. I'll let you know when I'm 100% done.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
I forget how we are doing hp for this one, straight rolling at invisible castle, rolling with a minimum, some constant numerical formula?

6d8+1d6 +conx7 for a 14 ECL front line rampager. Good thing I've got regeneration. :)

moritheil

First Post
More ongoing sheet reviews.

Generally, remember that if you are not Medium, there is an additional charge for armor or weapons. (For example, large weapons cost twice the listed price, though enhancement costs are unchanged. This is all in the SRD.)

Thanks for your patience as we sort everything out.

Isida -
[sblock]Unfortunately, your mask of lies and circlet of persuasion both grant competence bonuses, which do not stack. Feel free to change either or both items, or to reply with a quote or link if you feel there is some mistake.

Also, did you build using 160k instead of 150k? You seem to have ~158k of gear, and ~2k in cash.[/sblock]

Voadam -
[sblock]Technically, you seem to be a tiny bit over 150k: a large mithral breastplate is 5200 gp, plus some surcharge for being Large, not just 5000 gp. Also, a +1 large adamantine unholy mace costs more than 21k, for similar reasons. It might be best if you worked out the calculations yourself, so you can personally see the factors involved.

It is a small amount, though, so you could just start out "owing" that amount (effectively you have negative cash, which will then be settled when you get your first cut of loot.)

Whatever you decide, please update the sheet accordingly.

With regard to hit points, you roll all but the first HD (first HD is max.) Regeneration and a high Con are, of course, the real prize of your build.
[/sblock]

RBG -
[sblock]Would it be possible for you to to list basic details of your mud golems on your sheet (such as SA/SQ and hit points), as well as elaborating the additional functions of any complex items for ease of use? It would be most helpful.

For the record, your XP spent on items totals at 11,003. You need reply only if this does not match your records.

It seems that your cash and the gp you spent on the necropolitan ritual (3000) and items total at a little over 150k. Please either reduce the cash listed by an appropriate amount or explain if you feel that there is some error with this analysis.[/sblock]

Remove ads