• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Voadam

Legend
I have an upcoming business trip and two immediate follow up big projects when I return. I expect to not be posting on ENworld from Wednesday 10/25 through Wednesday 11/1.

NapoleonicSoup

First Post
Since we're in Mori I didn't think they would have greensingers, much less Rashemi Summoners. Sorry about the flaws, I did all of this from the first page of OOC. I chose the fire plane to not be as massivvly overpowered as the Dal Quori Plane, which is basically you can take 10 turns for every 1 of the enemies, much less the awesome wildshapes. And I do love the Neraphim, I was thinking of using them before I decided on the salamander, which I can now wildshape into if I wanted to. A question before I re-do the feats. If I wildshape into a fire elemental, would you allow me to cast spells without use of natural spell?
Edit: Will you accept the Elemental Companion Feat since that is actually written out and not just several different leakages put together?

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
NapoleonicSoup said:
Since we're in Mori I didn't think they would have greensingers, much less Rashemi Summoners. Sorry about the flaws, I did all of this from the first page of OOC. I chose the fire plane to not be as massivvly overpowered as the Dal Quori Plane, which is basically you can take 10 turns for every 1 of the enemies, much less the awesome wildshapes. And I do love the Neraphim, I was thinking of using them before I decided on the salamander, which I can now wildshape into if I wanted to. A question before I re-do the feats. If I wildshape into a fire elemental, would you allow me to cast spells without use of natural spell?
Edit: Will you accept the Elemental Companion Feat since that is actually written out and not just several different leakages put together?

Paragraphs are your friends, NS. :p

Dal Quori Plane - this is effectively time stop. DQ was not written by KB with the intent of allowing someone to freeze all enemies in place for ten rounds and force them to take damage. So yes, you would be at a tremendous advantage taking this, but I would rule that as with time stop, you can only buff, call up allies, and cast delayed spells rather than directly nuking your enemy. You aren't giving up as much as you think in not choosing it.

If you wildshape into a fire elemental, you are capable of using both V and S components, so you do not need natural spell.

Elemental companion is fine.

Your statement that neither Greensingers nor Rashemi exist contains a flaw - namely, you are ignoring the fact that the inherent power balance of the feats as written by WOTC hinges upon the idea that attaining one feat means you will not have the others. I wouldn't allow someone to take levels in two different Eldeen Ranger PrCs, and this is the exact same sort of limitation.

Fenris2 - I believe we currently have one alt on the waiting list (I have to go back and look), meaning that there is room on the waiting list.

Voadam - It's very good of you to notify us. Thank you and good luck.

NapoleonicSoup

First Post
Okay, Here's the current feat mock-up, I'll get skills and equipment down by tomorrow. If there's any possibility of me having Rashemi Elemental Summoning without dropping Planar Sheperd I would love to hear it.
1-Elemental Companion,
3-Spell Focus (Conjuration)
6-Greensinger Initiate
9-Augmnent Summoning
12-Extend Spell

moritheil

First Post
Addendum - I've been told that new errata doesn't even let you use DFB in TS, which is shocking, as it's pretty much the classic mage maneuver. It seems WOTC is reconsidering the balance of Time Stop and related effects.

NS - I don't see anything wrong with your character upon a cursory look. Feel free to bow your old one out and introduce your new one. Rose has even provided an excellent line for you to work with.

Shayuri

First Post
At this point we're not even sure if it's still active in play, let alone recruiting. :)

Hopefully we'll get some kind of movement soon, otherwise...it looks grim for the hideous atrocities of the Abyss!

moritheil

First Post
Sorry! I had some personal things turn up, and then I lost my password. :uhoh: I should be ready to chronicle your dastardly deeds once again!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads