The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna seemed reluctant to talk- this wizard seemed to remind her a bit too much of her old master. Finally, though, she had to speak. "Would it be possible for the powers of a shadow dragon like Shadraxil to linger in this world? One of the creatures which led the now-decimated kobold infestation was a goblin who seemed to have strange powers- shreds of shadow seemed to waft from him as smoke from a fire..."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Valthun stares at Miranna for a moment before answering. "So, another one speaks. And thinks, too. Again, it is possible. It could be that the goblin was drawing on some remnant of Shadraxil's essence. I find it more likely that this creature was somehow was taking its power from the rift itself. I suppose the difference is academic, as either way there is a lingering source of the taint, and our enemies have discovered how to tap into it."

Fragsie

Explorer
"Do you know any of the details of Shadraxil's failure, how he was defeated?"

"Assuming that the imminent doom the emissary was taking about is the opening of the seal, do you have any theories as to how it would be done? Strong magic definitely, a ritual of some kind probably..." Cheysuli trawls through her memories of lessons with her father to see if she had the knowledge to lower the aloof genasi's pride a little.

[sblock=Arcana]1d20+9 = 20 [/sblock]

Cheysuli is somewhat irritated by the Scholars superior attitude, and finds it difficult to hide her agitation, she doesn't like being spoken down to.

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Arcana 20]In general, there are two types of planar openings: the ones that must be forced open, and the ones that must be forced closed. It seems that the rift beneath the keep is of the latter. Therefore, opening it again would involve simply weakening or breaking the seal, and letting the force on the other side do the rest. It also means that preventing the rift from reopening will require considerable effort on the part of those attempting it.

If the rift is reopened, a new seal will need to be put in place to control it. This is almost certainly beyond your capabilities. From what you've gathered from the note and Patronus's, er, patron, this already difficult task would be even more trying, since the area would be flooded with the undead.

In your expert opinion, allowing the rift to open would be a very bad idea.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Am I waiting for you guys to show off your knowledge/ask more questions, or are you waiting for me to have Valthun answer your latest batch of questions?

Fragsie

Explorer
"...The rift from what you say, is no doubt fuelled from the other side, which would make it incredibly difficult to reseal if our enemies succeed in breaking through. So our only chance is to stop it happening before they do, do you know of a way of bolstering the seal that exists already? A way to make it more difficult for them to weaken the ward and maybe buy us some time, or give us the ability to repair damage that may have already been done."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry bout the long wait, thought you might post some replies before I continued, but no matter :)

I think we need to make a new thread, 50 pages seems to be the limit; I could only post this as a quick reply, the option to make a new reply is missing.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Tell me about Elder Laith, why would there be reason to think he disappeared? Could he have...found something out, perhaps?

[sblock=Diplomacy]1d20+8=9 Critical fail![/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]This is going to get somewhere? Right? Let me know if I am on the wrong track with finding out about this cult while not asking about it directly[/sblock]

Remove ads