The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I'll be ready soon enough- I'm nearly done here," Miranna rasped. "I suppose we'll just have to hope than Valthun isn't the enemy spy- that would make for a short visit..." That comment is followed by a brief spate of growling- only after a few moments might one realize it is laughter in Miranna's ravaged voice.

Rapida

First Post
"It would make the visit short, but I dare say it would also make it very interesting." Brenwar eats a bit of the food Chey has prepared before returning to his room to pack his supplies. Shortly there after he returns ready to head out.

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

When the arisen adventurers are packed and ready to go, Chey opens the door wide and starts the short journey to the old tower on the other side of Maoleth with a skip in her stride. With her eyes wide and her grin infectious, she leads the way, calling out a cheery hello to any townspeople she sees, seemingly ignorant of any shocked or dreary reactions she receives, but in reality she is registering every look, waiting for a look that may betray someone with ulterior motives.

[sblock=Skill Rolls]Bluff - 1d20+12 = 30; Insight - 1d20+7 = 21[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC\Dice Roller]I've started using CoCo Roller over in the adventure I'm running, I thought I would suggest it here as a stop gap until Invisible Castle comes back up[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna paced through the streets behind Cheysuli, carefully staying a few steps behind. She tried to keep her expression calm and neutral, but she was focused on keeping an eye out for anyone that seemed to be watching them, and the intensity of her searching was easy to spot.

OOC: Keeping an eye out for anyone who seems to be watching us (any more than our outsider status might warrant, that is); Perception only +3 (to see who is watching), but Insight +8 (to tell WHY they are watching)

Last edited:

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hey, do I have Words of Friendship replenished? It's an encounter but the whole five minute rest thing could have counted for that merchant, as we just stood there gas bagging[/sblock]

Firete squats down closer to the ground so she is not standing over the older man. Your name is Eilian? We recently arrived here, I was wondering if you would be able to help us? I am Firete and this is Yishim, may we sit?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Miranna got a 21 Perception and an 18 Insight.

Your group gets a lot of strange looks, especially with Chey loudly greeting every passing stranger. However, none of them appear to be malicious.

You make your way to Valthun's tower. The door opens almost as soon as you reach it, and the familiar trail of fire leads you to the genasi's study. Valthun is there, along with a small pile of books and scrolls.

"So, you're back. With questions, I assume."
He gestures at the books laid before him. "Here is what I have regarding the keep. Of course, it may save us all some time if you ask me what you want to know."

Meanwhile, under the tree:

ooc: Yeah, you can get Words of Friendship back. This is sort of like a new encounter, anyway.

The old Dragonborn looks up at you, "Hmm, it's not everyday that some broodling is interested in what I have to say. Although it does seem to happen with alarming regularity as of late. Very well. Sit. Ask."

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Sitting down, Firete comes right to the point. Would you have anything to say about the strange happenings recently? I've heard there are disappearances, is this true?

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli quickly scans the titles of the tomes piled up on the table before speaking to the learned genasi.
"We have learnt a few snippets about the history of the keep, but could always know more. In particular there is a possibility that what is happening now is somehow related to the legend of a great evil being sealed at the keep. We have also heard the name 'Shadracks Kill' (or something like that) mentioned, do you know anything about him?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Disappearances?" Eilian frowns. "Well, yes. No one has seen Elder Laith for a few days. Most people assume that he was taking one of his strolls outside the city and that the kobolds must have got him. The last people to see him say they say him inside the walls though. Of course, if he went walking by himself, then naturally the last people to seem him would have seen him while he was outside."

"As for everything else, well, I assume the kobolds are the cause of it. For example, I've been having bad dreams as of late, but that's probably just because I've been worrying so much."

Meanwhile, at Valthun's tower:

"Yes. It is certainly possible. In fact, at this point I'd say it's rather likely."

Valthun finishes speaking. Then he notices your expectant faces, sighs, and continues:

"The only important aspect of the keep is its location, for it was built on a rift that leads to the demesne of the Oni. And not that of just any Oni, but the one known as Zal'Ekthees, a wretched creature of decay and necromancy. Through its construction, the keep sealed the rift. That should have been the end of the story."

"As for your second question, 'Shadracks Kill', you say? You heard this name somewhere? Do you think it could have been from me, when you came to bother me yesterday?"

Valthun sighs again. This one is deeper, and more annoyed. "Shadraxil was a shadow dragon, in league with, and possibly one of, the Oni. He led an army against the keep in an attempt to tear it down and open the rift. Obviously, he failed. Some say the kobolds that bother us to this day are the descendents of the survivors and deserters of Shadraxil's legions."

The genasi's tone becomes less scornful and more serious, "Shadraxil was the last creature to attempt to break the seal. At least, that is what I had thought. If someone is attempting to open the rift, they must be stopped."

Remove ads