The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Even I though it was pretty dorky of me to bring a set of dice home with me for Thanksgiving, but I sure showed me!

I rolled a 5, which isn't going to get you anything more than what you already know.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Yes, and at least it occured this morning rather than last night as I was expecting. Since the writer of this letter has said he will contact us, I think we should just continue on with our plans for today: that of meeting the merchant from Daunton. Besides, it would be rather odd to have a song in the tavern in the morning, such things are not usually done. Of course, if nothing turns up today we could repeat the performance this evening, but our friend here may mean that that will not be necessary.

And yes, we did agree on a signal for the other: I was to wear my hair loose and we were to meet in the town's temple.

So, breakfast then?

[sblock=OOC and Streetwise]If Yishim is okay with this, after breakfast i make a Streetwise check at +12 to find the merchant from Daunton.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Finding the Dauntonian proves easy enough, as the first person you ask directs you to his store. It is a very nice store, with a wide selection of goods ranging from weapons to farm equipment. There is a dwarf minding the store. You recognize him as the one you saw at the Iron Lotus. He smiles as you enter.

"Ah, come in, come in. Take a look at my wares, I'm sure you'll..." he trails off for a moment, then regains his train of thought. "Weren't you at the Iron Lotus last night? You sang that song for us, correct? Or am I thinking of someone else?"

Your memory serves you well, it was my companion-in-arms who sang the tune.. Yishim lets Firete handle the rest of the conversation, interjecting only once to ask Do you have any Sunrods and arcane components? Our travels often take us into dark places.. If he does, Yishim buys two sunrods and 30gp of components.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=Words of Friendship and Diplomacy Check]I am going to use Words of Friendship and make a Diplomacy check, the power brings my Diplomacy to 13. So...1d20+13=18[/sblock]

Firete smiles with false modesty, but is clearly pleased to be recognised.
I hardly expected to play my first night in town, considering that the tavern is actually owned by the resident bard here. But it surely does get one noticed here, particularly by certain sorts of people that you would not mind meeting in person. She smiles knwoingly at the merchant, then changes tact. You sell reagents here? I require some nature components. (30gps worth)

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

As dawn breaks Cheysuli rises from her bed full of energy and excitement for the day ahead. Noticing that the others are not yet up, she sets herself to making some breakfast for everyone; quietly humming a tune while she does so.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The dwarf directs you towards the reagents. He doesn't have much, but he has enough for what you need. He also carries sunrods.

"Sekura is a very talented artist. If you haven't heard her sing, you owe it yourselves to stay for her next performance. How long are you planning on staying, anyway?"

"Oh, how rude of me. I never introduced myself. My name is Bairdon Williams." He extends his hand for the shaking, but then he quickly pulls it back to his side. He chuckles while looking around with mock conspiracy. "Oops. I think we're supposed to bow here." He gives a slight, somewhat awkward bow. "You'd think I'd remember by now."

Meanwhile, at the house where you're squatting residing:

There's a nervous knock at the door.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=Insight check]1d20+3=10 Is the the droid [person we are looking for? This is the old Sense Motive, right?[/sblock]

Probably only a few days, unless something occurs that alters our plans. Seeing as we're staying at the Lotus, we should have the opportunity to meet Sekura. I was wondering, do you know of someone called...Eliam or Elias or where we might find him? What he has to say may help us in what we are doing.

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

A momentary panic flows through Chey as she realises she is not wearing her armour, "No time for that." she whispers under her breath.

She quickly grabs her rod from her pack and holding it behind her back she opens the door a crack, her foot behind it just in case someone tried to rush it.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
This is the old Sense Motive, right?

Right.[/sblock]

[sblock=Insights]Bairdon seems like a fine upstanding person.[/sblock]

"Eilian? If you're interested in the history of this town then he's the man to talk to. Hmm..." Bairdon scratches his chin in contemplation. "Nope. Couldn't tell you where he is. Sorry. Why do you want to talk to him, anyway? Doing research for another song?"

Meanwhile, at the house:

There is a small, airsoul Genasi boy standing outside your door. You think he looks very nervous, a hypothesis which is confirmed as soon as he starts to speak:

"Um, h-hello ma'am. Are you," he takes a deep breath and says the next words very quickly, "Brenwar-Bricks-Chey-Shayla-Miranna-and/or-Patronus?" He takes another breath and slows his speech down. "Because if you are, I'm supposed to t-tell you that Valthun is willing to meet you at you convenience. And then you're supposed to tell me w-when he can expect you." Having finished, he shifts his weight from foot to foot as he waits for your response.

Remove ads