The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Shifting the sunrod to her left hand and keeping her right near her sword, Firete proceeded down the path.

[sblock=Readied action]If we meet anyone I want to draw my sword.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The shadows lazily retreat before your light as you follow the path into the keep. As you enter the dilapidated courtyard you see a curious scene. The ground is littered with bodies. However, they are hazy and indistinct, as though formed from smoke and mist. In the center of the yard, a spectral knight holds a sword over a similarly ghostly woman. As he advances menacingly, she pleas in an unfamiliar language.

[sblock=Tsugo]Actually, none of you can speak Tsugo. So it doesn't really matter.[/sblock]

If the ghostly knight is moved by her cries, he doesn't show it, for he runs her through just the same. He looks up at you, and at once he, the dead woman, and all the bodies vanish. The courtyard is completely silent and, besides yourselves, completely empty.

You also notice that past where the knight stood is a stone staircase that leads down into the earth.

[sblock=OOC Knight?]Were we ever told of a knight who was overcome by the shadow and murdered his family? Or did I ready that in some synopsis somewhere not in this thread IC? In any case, let's head down the stairs once we're done talking[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Although slightly unnerved by the spectral show, Cheysuli does her best not to show it;
"An echo I suspect, and a rather grim one at that! We should be wary, but not let visions such as this distract us from the task at hand." she replies to Firete with forced nonchalance.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna simply shook her head. "I'm sure there is a lesson in there somewhere- if only we had heard it clearly. We'll need to remember that detail when we give our report to the Lord..."

Rapida

First Post
"Yes let us be careful not to end up like them also..."
[sblock]
Any of the knowledge skills help us learn some more about the figure? Any heraldry or such
[/sblock]

Remove ads