The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Cheysuli scours her memory of arcane knowledge, wondering if the strange darkness is a sign of the seal weakening, perhaps trying to work out how weak it currently is.

Arcana: 1d20+9=24

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna scanned the area warily. "I would guess that the influence of Shadow is strong here- as we had feared. Perhaps it is better that we do what we can now, without delay..." She shivered almost reflexively. "Who has a hand free for a light? I'd prefer to keep my hands free for now, but I think we need to be ready for even more thorough darkness."

OOC: Miranna will get a sunrod out of her pack and tuck it into her belt for quick access, but won't activate it just yet.

I can carry a light. Frankly I'm more likely to hurt myself with this dagger than an enemy. I'm curious to see if the shadow affects even magical light. With that, Yishim chants a short spell to create light from his off-hand.
We should enter immediately; I agree with Miranna.
[sblock=Light spell]Cast Light on my off-hand. Does it have the same dulling effect? In any case, I'll carry a sunrod. I can take Katana's if she wants a hand free, or use one of my own.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Drawing my sword is only a minor action and it can be used on handed, and one of my spells can be cast without impliments without penalty. Thanks for the offer though.
Question, we've been up all day, right? Won't there be some sort of fatigue penalty if we blunder in now?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Arcana]The fact that this place is still, for lack of a better word, tainted means that either the seals on the rift are weakening, or that the rift was very strong to begin with. From what you know about this place's history, it could be that both are the case.[/sblock]

[sblock=Fatigue and light]Eh, you haven't been engaged in particularly strenuous activity today. You're fine.

All light, alchemical, magical, and mundane, becomes faint and grayish.[/sblock]

Yishim pulls a sunrod from his pack and uses it to supplement the smaller radius of light created by his arcane talents. Now both he and Firete are carrying sources of light.

It's time to go. We and Maoleth are in grave danger if the seal is as weak as Chey believes. Brenwar, Miranna, if you would take the lead, us three will be right behind you.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna simply nodded in agreement- she wasn't much of a talker even at the best of times, which this clearly was NOT. She shifted her longsword to a fighting grip, and the air around her crackled briefly releasing a tang of ozone. She clenched her empty left hand in a tight fist, and the air shimmered there as well, a shield of arcane force springing to life. She glanced around the group once more- then, without another word, she began to move cautiously forward...

Fragsie

Explorer
"Do I resemble that Teifling girl at all? I was wondering; what was she doing travelling this road, after all we cleared out the homesteads nearby last night; perhaps she has something to do with what is going on here. It may be possible for us to gain information, or bypass confrontations if I could impersonate her.... I do 'evil b*$%@' very convincingly."

It's time to go. We and Maoleth are in grave danger if the seal is as weak as Chey believes. Brenwar, Miranna, if you would take the lead, us three will be right behind you.

"To begin with at least, you should know by now that I am not too fond of staying in one place for long.
Speaking of which, we have fought together a fair few times now; or at least once for some of us anyway, is there anything that I could be doing to help us work more harmoniously in battle?
" Chey asks the group sincerely.

After hearing their replies, Chey hefts her new rod in her hand and moves to the back of the group, ready for any ambush.
[sblock=OOC] Last fight Chey kinda went off and did her own thing, was everyone ok with that, does anyone have ideas of how we could increase our damage output tactically?[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Tieflings]The tiefling you saw doesn't resemble Chey any more than two human girls may resemble each other. The girl was much slighter and plainer than Chey. In fact, her only noteworthy feature was that she was a tiefling. If not the horns and tail, you'd suspect most people would never give her a second look.

Speaking of which, Fragsie, does Chey have a tail? The "standard" tiefling does, but it wasn't mentioned in the description on her character sheet.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yes she does, though it must have escaped my memory when I wrote the description, I imagine it being quite slight and inconspicuous with a small barb on the end. If you've seen the series Andromeda, I picture Cheys tail as being like Trance Gemini's in the first season.
Because her skin tone is almost human, the things that most often draw attention would be her horns and the colour of her hair rather than her tail.[/sblock]

Remove ads