The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

As a learn more about what Valthun fears might happen in the keep I feel we should not tarry here outside. If the rift is opened while we snooze, afraid of the dark, Maoleth will be in great peril. I suggest we make our way into the keep immediately, Yishim states. He is a little surprised at his own bravery...

Rapida

First Post
"Yishim has a very good point, depending on our enemies' plans delay could be a very bad thing. With that in mind perhaps we should continue without delay and if necessary use Firete's magic to keep any campsites hidden."

Fragsie

Explorer
"Hmm... I had hoped to get some rest before facing the enemies we will no doubt find within the keep, but if we can camp at any time and be safe from discovery, I see no reason why we could not do so in there," Cheysuli gestures toward the ruins on the hill before them. "If that is what we are doing though, we should have at it before it gets dark, our approach would be easily noticed if we had to carry torches to light our way."

When the group is ready to go, Chey walks stealthily at the front keeping her eyes peeled for any sign of activity.

[sblock=Rolls]Stealth 1d20+6 = 17
Perception 1d20+4 = 7
Rolls[/sblock]

Let us depart and make haste for the keep. Chey, we can evaluate if we have the energy to continue when we arrive. I think once we enter this place, exhaustion will be the least of our problems...

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Stay a moment, we all need to hear my song in order for it to affect us all. Fierte plays a familiar rousing tune on her harp that lifts some of the fatigue of the day and makes everyones feet feel lights. Now we are ready to depart.

[sblock=Traveller's Chant]No roll needed or components as it's been a day since I cast it and we move at a speed of 3 1/2 mph.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Your party is able to set out with little trouble, although you have needed to come up with a light source in order to easily navigate the wilds. Eventually the narrow path you had been following opens into a wide clearing. The area is filled with broken walls and crumbling stone: all that remains of the keep.

There are three peculiarities of the scene that you notice:

First, although the keep has been abandoned for quite some time, no vegetation has grown on the ruins.

Second, it appears that someone has been here recently. Some of the rubble has been pushed away, leaving a path through the ruins, although to what you can't be sure.

Third, as you approach the clearing, your light dims. You realize that it hasn't gotten darker; it's gotten duller. You can distinguish your surroundings easily enough, but the colors are faded and the details are washed out. It looks as though you're viewing the world through a fog, although the night is dry and not particularly cold. You also feel a faint sensation of melancholy and despair, but it seems to have an external source.

[sblock=ooc]While you traverse the keep and its surroundings, I'll need to know who's carrying the various sources of light.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Firete takes out a sunrod from her pack and activates it, but the light makes little difference. She looks around apprehensively. "I don't think I like this, it's very cold here."

Remove ads