The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

[sblock=OOC]Edited my post. Not sure if this place is close enough to get to today. We'll assume the wizard's reading comprehension skills are better than mine[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
There's also something else, the disappearance of Elder Laith. According to the sentries, he did not pass through the gates the night he disappeared. He is either still in the city or spirited out by some means beyond physical. We don't have anything on where he might be, but I think there is a chance that he has knowledge that another wishes to keep quiet. Firete shrugs. Of course, this could be nothing more than a distraction to keep us from our main task, but it is fair to bear this in mind. Tell us of your news. The meeting with Lord Hashtesh, did it go well?

[sblock=OOC]I'll just say this now unless I don't have time. I think Firete and Yishim need to return to the inn just one last time for a song to draw out our friend, perhaps one about missed messages and people who leave before they are sent. If there's nothing before morning, then we just meet back here after dawn and go to the keep. How is that?

On a side note, we are going to have a little trouble getting back into the city after dusk. By rights, the gates should be shut and a curfew as this place is at war. Is that a bit of an overstep Mr DM?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC Katana]It's a good idea. However, the other group promised Lord H that they'd leave immediately for the keep. Our returning to the town, or even retconning that we'd never left would put us back a day from that. My vote's to go into the keep.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] With any luck we can deal with whatever is going on at the keep in a day or two of game time; that's not too long to get back and still oust the spy, we may even learn more clues to his or her identity at the keep.[/sblock]
EDIT: [sblock=Rapida]I've done Brenwar's character portrait over in the request thread, I know there's no tower shield in it, but couldn't find a pic that would mesh well. If you can find one i'd be happy to try and add it in :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I'm a bit hesitant about delving into a keep that might be full of undead and shadow creatures, and beginning the approach at dusk. Perhaps once we meet, we can get a look at the outer layout, then drop back to a campsite (possibly near the farmhouse we 'rescued'?). I don't think we want to go back into town until we have at least made one run at the keep. [/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
"I can't help but think attacking the keep now would be a terrible idea. It getting close to night and what not. Perhaps we can merely scout the perimeter and make plans for a foray into the keep tomorrow?"
[sblock]
Pathfinder just putting your thoughts into IC talk.
Thanks Fragsie that looks great, I added some comments in the portrait thread.
[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Tell us of your news. The meeting with Lord Hashtesh, did it go well?
"Indeed it did," Chey replied, "He was quite pleased that we had dealt with the kobolds. With the missive we found and our captive to confirm things he was quick to change his mind about the existence of a more pressing danger at work. I must admit that to start with I thought him a little prideful; to think that no cult could infiltrate his town. But I see now that he was simply placing his trust in his people, once there was something definitive to proove our suspicions he was quick to act. So much so that he insisted we come to the keep and deal with whatever is happening here before it was too late."

After Brenwar says his piece, Cheysuli nods in agreement; "Although the matter is pressing, I agree that attempting to storm the place at night would be a little silly."

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Although I would rather return to town in case there is further contact with this unknown person, I do understand the need for haste in this case. It is a pity though that we did not think of sending some message to the inn before we left town. I wonder...

[sblock=Perception check]1d20+1=17 Perception check to see if there is anyone on the road approaching the town.[/sblock]

Remove ads