• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The kender game begins, leave your sanity at the door.

Deedlit

First Post
The gods had returned to the world, and the queen of darkness was now dead. Fizban had become a mortal elf named Valonthis. Of great sadness to all kender was the death of Uncle Tasslehoff, but the sadness was lightened as Trapspringer returned from the moon. High Sorcery(With a kender at the head of the white robes) and Divine Magic had returned to Krynn, and the horrible affliction had been cleared up. Celebration was in the streets of hylo, and in sharp contrast to normal affiars, kender had stopped being on wanderlust to attend the parties. In fact, the kendragon mayor(Who's name is Amerous Burningground) could hardly find anyone to go on a diplomatic mission to the elves in silvanesti. However, a few heroic kender(This is the party) had stepped to the task. They stood before the giant kendragon, who was giving a breifing on their mission.
"Now remember, the elves may be united, but the minotaurs have taken their land, and you must be careful not to find them. The best way to taunt a minotaur is to moo at them, but be warned, if they catch you after being mooed at you will die. As for why we need a diplomatic mission, it's, umm, it's not important, but I'm sure there is a good reason somewhere." Amerous said to the kender, and then remembered something important. "Here is a map that will help you in your journey, it focuses particularly on Silvanesti lands, though it shows a route from major kender cities to the lands. Unfortunately, it's dated before the second cataclysm." He remembered, and then gave them the small yellow map.

Lichtenhart

First Post
The still nameless kender looked around with curiosity; he stepped in this room following a really wonderful butterfly, an he couldn't find her anywhere. Then he noticed her upon a horn of the kendragon. He immediately extracted his trusted sketchbook and begin to draw her, realizing only after a few minutes that he had never seen a kendragon and that he was much more interesting than the butterfly, so he continued to sketch and eventually listened to what he was saying.

"An old map? I can do maps, if you want. But I think i never saw a minotaur? Are they the centaurs' children? And what about those elves. Are they a kind of cow? Did they mooed at the minotaurs?"

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Dylon Speaks

"Gosh no. they're really small centaurs, thats why they are named Mini-taurs!" Angel looks at Dylon and lets out a humph. Dylon takes the map and looks it over. "Well I Plan to go. I like Elves. The're almost like us only stuffier." Dylon starts stareing at some shiney bauble in the room and wanders over to it.

Deedlit

First Post
An anime sweatdrop can be visible behind the kendragon's head, as minotaurs are discussed. "No, Minotaurs are what happens when you take a bull, cover it in thick brown fur, and make it able to walk on two legs. Well, I think that's what minotaurs are anyway, I might be thinking of hobgoblins." The kendragon responds, wondering how a mage could not know this stuff. Noticing the holy liberator reaching for the gem, he yells out "Don't touch that gem, we need it for tonight's fireworks display!"

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
OOC: The mage in question was the amnesiac sorcerer
IC: "The diplomatic mission is to the elves, not the minotaurs. The minotaurs might try to kill you, though, minotaurs don't like kender much unless they are cooked and have spices put on them."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
"well then... I guess I should not have dinner with any Minotaurs. When do we start"? Dylon comes back over to the Kendragon. He is putting something in his pocket.

GoldenEagle

First Post
Yes, Minotaurs ARE big and hairy BULLeys. They indeed walk on two legs and would indeed like to eat us. The elves on the other hand are full of knowledge of magic and certainly worth talking to on the subject *swats hand reaching for gem needed for fireworks* We must go to establish diplomatic relations and eventually an exchange of magical knowledge, which your dragonness I would be happy to be the conduit for. I think magical knowledge will help not only our city, but all Kender.

Jarval

Explorer
Erasmus carefully studies the map before replying.

"An alliance between ourselves and the elves could be very beneficial for both sides. As my friend says, magical knowledge could be one of the benefits, and I'm sure we have much to offer the elves."

He pauses to consider this last statement, then dismisses it.

"The minotaurs may indeed cause a problem, given their culinary tastes... Yes, Elijah, what is it?" he asks the bard tugging at his sleeve.

"Can you think of anything that rhymes with minotaur?"

[OOC: Everything Elijah (my cohort) does or says will be in orange]

buzzard

First Post
A darkly dressed Kender carrying a fine crossbow in back pipes up "The elves are rich right? They also like bows right? Damn good news. Just so long as they are a sporting folk willing to make some wagers on archery. Now the minitors, well what's the big deal? I'm used to shooting bulleyes, no big change of pace. "
He doesn't even bother to look around the room. He knows his people would have already moved off with anything interesting.

buzzard

Remove ads