The Key to Victory

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Looking disgusted Aver pulls his dagger and keeping his stance defensive risks a slash at the foul corpse before taking a step so he is fighting back to back with his new comrades (R15).

"These aren't really my area, show me a devilish lock and I'm your elf, undead abominations - not so much. But since the gods enjoy emptying their bowels in my general vicinity we'll probably encounter a horde of malodorous cadavers for every sweetly filled safe." He complains bitterly even as his blade flashes nearly a foot from his foe. Nobody saw that surely, they are all busy, nobody saw that.

[sblock=OOC]Fighting defensively to be clear, hence the -5 to hit.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
The glowing celestial dog starts to shimmer, than it fades away.

OOC: Ernestine up then a recap.

As soon as the glowing dog shimmers, Ernestine carefully moves back a little bit. Dont really want to get hurt while summoning...THIS!

Claping her hands together, and calling out in the same language, another dog appears where the first one disappeared. The new creature bites at the zombie fiercely!

In the meantime, Ernestine draws a worn looking crossbow from her backpack, making sure it is ready.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: 5 foot step to R16
Move: Draw Crossbow
Standard: Summon 2nd Celestial Dog

Celestial Dog:
AC: 15; HD: 1d8 + 4; HP: 8; Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4+3); SR 6; Acid, Cold, Electricity: Resist 5; Fort: +6; Reflex +5; Will +1; Smite Evil 0xDay
Dog: Attack Zombie at O2 with Smite Evil!
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
MAP:

l lAlBlClDlElFLGlHlIlJlKlLlMlNlOlPlQlRlSlTlUlVlWlXlYlZl1l2l3l4l5l6l7l8l0lal
lwl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lyl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lzl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l1l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l2l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l3l l l l l l l l l l l l l l ldl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l4l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l5l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZltlAl lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l6l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZlElCl l lTl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l7l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZlMlZl lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l8l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l9l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l0l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lZl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l+l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l?l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l!l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Key:

l l = impassable
l l = open, explored
l l = grease effect

M = Malaroc
T = Trinham
C = Cedric
A = Aver
E = Ernestine
t = Tira
Z = Zombie

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Round 2.5

The zombies surround the party and start to swing at them with half rotten limbs. Up close you can tell that some of these things were once human and a few might have once been elves.

Trinham's spell has no effect on the mindless abominations and one move forward swinging its decomposed fist missing the warrior wizard. But Aver is not so lucky as an arm of exposed bone and tendon comes smashing down clipping him in the head and nearly dislocating his shoulder. Badly bruised and his ears ringing the rogue looks to be in serious pain. Through Aver's blurry vision he sees the skin of the monsters chest start to sizzle and blister as Malaroc's aura pays it back in kind.

With a new dog summoned the zombies to the north are being held back while the ones in the southern tunnel have trouble transversing the grease left by Trinham's spell.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order
Code:
[U]Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Cedric          [COLOR=royalblue]17[/COLOR]   5  c.bow/[I][COLOR=royalblue]mage armor-ends round 600[/COLOR][/I]
Aver            [COLOR=Orange]16[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]0[/COLOR]  dagger/[COLOR=lime][I][COLOR=Orange]figtingdef[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
Ernestine       13   6  c.bow/none
Zombie(x3)      11  16  none/none
[COLOR=Red]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=Red] 2[/COLOR]  none/none
[COLOR=Cyan]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=Cyan]10[/COLOR]  none/none
[COLOR=Lime]Zombie[/COLOR]          11   [COLOR=Lime]2[/COLOR]  none/none
Tira            ??  ??  s.sword/none
Zombie(x3)      11  16  none/none
[COLOR=SeaGreen]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=SeaGreen]14[/COLOR]  none/none
[COLOR=Orange]Zombie[/COLOR]          11  [COLOR=Orange]11[/COLOR]  none/none
Malaroc         17  16  d.gauntlets/[I][COLOR=olive]aura-energy[/COLOR][/I]
Trinham         15  23  none/none
Zombie attacks = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2780042/ [/sblock]

[sblock=Notes] I thought i posted it somewhere but don;t see it now but am playing without the zombies DR5/slashing, as I believe that makes them tougher than CR 1/2.
Also going to forgo Ernestine's concentration check this round as a failure would be more rework that it is worth. So you get that for free, next casting you will need a check. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Battered and bloody Aver sways unsteadily on his feet. "Oh this is going swimmingly, I'm hardly dieing at all. I am really glad I met up with you again Tira my life without you has been devoid of chances of nasty smelly death. At least red and purple go fairly well together I think I can pull it off..." The elf moans, glancing at the red staining his vivid purple shirt.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham half expected his spell to fail, so when the zombie attacked him he was able to avoid its punch. He considers whether to enter melee or use a spell and quickly decides that has its already adjacent to him using spells would just be wasting a scarce resource. Trinham has become a competent warrior during the last few weeks, so the preceding thoughts only took an instant.

To the others it appears there is no delay between the zombie's attack and Trinham drawing his sword and striking at the zombie. Although he hits it easily his blow seems to slide off it and he only manages to scratch it.

[sblock=Rolls]Attack, damage against zombie (1d20+4=17, 1d8+1=3)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
OOC: I play RL tomorrow, so I'll post now to prevent slowing down the thread.

Even though he is about to wet his trousers, the tiny morsel of courage residing somewhere in Cedrics bowels awaken when he sees one of his companions swaying on the brink of death. He steps in front of Aver while pulling his switchblade and stabs wildly at the zombies. "Cmon Far! Get'em or were all dead!" "Seriously?" the bird squawks in disbelief, but scratches obediently at the corpses eyes.

[sblock=actions]Free: 5' step to S5
Move: Draw dagger (crossbow still in left hand)
Standard: Attack zombie at S4

Far standard: Attack same zombie.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Spotting his advantageous location, Mal moves northwest, flanking a zombie with Ernestine, while striking out at the pair of zombies. Mal continues to strike at the zombie in front of him, hoping to tear through it and deal with the next threats quickly enough.... if he lived long enough...

"Flank them if possible, or aid someone else more battle worthy!" he cries out, hoping that those without the ability to deal much damage to the foes will aid the rest of the allies.

Both strikes go wide, as the lumbering foes somehow defend themselves admirably.

'This is going to be a LONG day....' he thinks to himself...

Last edited:

Remove ads