The Key to Victory

jackslate45

First Post
For the first time in what seems like forever, Ernestine packs up everything from this little campsite. With her pack on, she takes once last look at the place before saying "Allright, let's do this. Can I get one of the stronger looking gentlemen out front though? I really don't want to be in the front. Second is ok though. " Her eyes shine with pleading.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth smiles. It seems he's become a little easier-going recently, at least to Trinham and Tira, they having known him a little longer. "I had a feeling Mal or I would be up front, though you're the one who has any guess as to the actual route. We'll be relying on you for directions. Hope your memory is up to it... Being stuck in a cave can have a strange effect on the mind..." His voice trails off and his eyes grow distant. With a shiver, he goes to pack up the few things he brought with him.

"Oh, but before we go, I suppose it would be a good idea to hand out a few of these potions..." He pulls out the "care package," as it were, and hands everyone a potion or two.

[sblock=OOC]
Figured I'd just do this here...
Cure Potions go to me and Tira (1 each). Shield of Faith potions go to Mal and Trinham (1 each). Holy Waters get passed around to everyone else (Aver, Ern, Cedric... and the last one goes to whoever wants to carry it).
[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver grins as he takes the holy water tucking it into his backpack. Throwing things worth money at foes has never really been his style - arrows don't really count - but it is a much finer option than facing those stinking rot bags with his dagger was.

"Right lead on, and if you see anything suspicious call me to the fore, like I said I've an eye for traps, but I think our need for haste precludes me going ahead and searching properly."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"I am not much of a scout, but if you are not either, then either of us would be good up front. I would do better as third, due to my aura. Jareth can take lead, Ernestine and I behind him, and the rest following. I will give us a little protection for now, in case something comes at us from in front or behind."

Mal then switches his aura to that of protection, as he waits for Jareth to lead the way up the stairs and to the unexplored tunnel above them all.

OOC - Aura is Protection, Everyone gets DR1\- if within 30' of Mal.

jackslate45

First Post
"Thanks. " Ernestine says with a smile. Getting her Crossbow ready, and taking the Holy Water, she takes one last look before turning her back and saying "Lead the way!"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"I am a pretty fair scout, but as we have seen I break easily, and also I have a healthy sense of self preservation. I cannot do any good if we move at full speed though, and I think we mean to. But enough quibbling, lets get going. Lead the way Jareth!" Aver says, jogging on the spot until Furkiss nips him on the ear, for having the temerity to jostle him needlessly.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth folds the empty potion-roll back up and stows it in his backpack. He keeps a hold on his chain as he takes the lead spot for the group. I hope this works...

The young man keeps a careful watch for anything possibly dangerous, all the while taking directional cues from Ern.

[sblock=OOC]
I find it rather amusing everyone expects me to lead when I have no idea where we're supposed to go. :p ;)
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham joins the back of the group, cocked crossbow in hand. All the time keeping an eye on their rear to make sure that they are not attacked from the rear.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver takes the penultimate position keeping his eyes peeled, and feeling surprisingly eager for another combat to crop up just so he can erase his unimpressive display.

Remove ads