The Key to Victory

jackslate45

First Post
"Like. I. Said. I do not know what is in the chest. Therefore, I have no idea what the Treylor want with it. Maybe it's a powerful weapon? Maybe it's Grandma Thankirk's cookbook? Point is, we were here, we left it, and we left. Well, they left. I kinda got stuck here for a month. "

Ern chuckes a little at the end, obvious finding humor in something that was not voiced. Noting no one was laughing, she continued.

"We needed to hide the chest no matter what. A small group of us came in here, and placed it in the caves. Who is going to find it, unless they have knowledge of it? You have navigated these caves I'm sure. Do you know every hiding place here? Every entrance? Exit? Trap? "

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth chuckles a little as Tira corrects herself, without him having to vocally prompt. He nods as Ern responds, then adds, "It doesn't matter if any of us know what's in the chest. As Mal hinted, this Emma has knowledge and she shared some of it with us. Whatever is in the chest is important to the Treylor and is supposedly the reason they're coming. If it as close as you think, Ernestine, we should investigate. If you can lead us to wherever it was..."

jackslate45

First Post
With a shrug Ern responds back "Once I know I'm in the right area I can say for certain. We can start here " pointing to the wall behind them, where the path leads up. "or where I found those zombie things. Either way should lead us in the right direction I think. However, don't you want to save Tharivol? Thats his name right? It might take a day at minimum to find, it might take longer. "

Looking at Tira Ern says "How long from here to that city? I would guess at least 2 days by foot?"

ghostcat

First Post
Seeing the discussion is starting to go in circles and realising that is quick decision is needed, Trinham interjects "We really need to make a decision. I think it's a bad idea dragging the chest to the elves. So the options seem to me to be either splitting up or all going to rescue Tharivol. Personally, I don't like splitting up. Safety in numbers and all that."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver shrugs, "Like I say I am easy. Let those who have a personal attachment make the decision. It is them who will have to live with the consequences, I don't know this fellow afterall."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A small group would almost definitely be best," Tira starts to say thinking once more. "But a large group with something the Treylor want..."

Suddenly her expression turns to one of excitement. "Jareth if we took whatever this is to the elders, maybe it could help with Tharivol somehow. She was almost right," she says with a glance to Ernestine.

The young half-elf continues starting to talk a little faster as she goes. "We should be a couple days maybe three from the city if we come out of the Ways near where I hope to. That gives us a day or two to search and maybe stop the war and save Tharivol all at once. We should try."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth frowns and turns away, torn between the choices. Attempt to save Tharivol now, or try to find this chest which could be used as a bargaining chip... but also might take too long to be useful in this matter. The proverbial 'rock and a hard place.'

He looks back to the group, his decision made. "If you really think this chest would be useful, such as a trade for Tharivol, then I think we could manage a day spent trying to find it. Any longer, and I think you and I, at least, should find an exit and get to Tirol before it's too late. We'll just leave a trail we can follow to get back here, and I suggest you do the same, if you leave this little cavern," Jareth suggests, his voice still calm.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Sounds like a plan. Let's finish up, and clean up this mess. No use in leaving a big sign showing where we were and which way we are headed."

Mal readies his gear, knowing that today might be the day that the lost item is found and on its way to end this war.

ghostcat

First Post
"Works for me." says Trinham as he collects his gear and helps Mal with the clean up. Once finished, he says "Ready" and assumes his position at the rear.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver nods ticking his spellbook back into his pack and clapping his hands, "Excellent, lets go then! I'll be hiding behind the big people, give me a shout if you wish to start looking in earnest for traps, but bear in mind it will slow us considerably."

Remove ads