• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Key to Victory

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Oh, you have wood, how very disappointing. Still, a nice spitted fish, magically altered to taste good, by which I mean not like fish, just like mother used to prestidigitate. So what is the plan, we go and rescue your friend then take a crack at this increasingly intriguing treasure?" Aver says feeding Furkiss - who glowers at all an sundry form his "Master's" shoulder - a piece of raw fish.

[sblock=Watch SOPs]Well looks like Aver can cover 4 hours, I suggest he typically covers the first 4 hours, trances the last four and then prepares his spells. Seems to make sense.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth eats a little of the fish, considering the possibilities as Mal speaks. After another bite of the (poor) food, he frowns. "You've been down here several days, which means Tharivol's got less time than he had before. I doubt there's enough to really explore that tunnel above... At least, not with all of us. But who's to say we can't split up? If you take a few of the others with you and leave a trail Tira can follow, she can take me to Tirol so we can save Tharivol, then come back here, find you and find whatever-it-is your mistress is so interested in."

He finishes off the morsel of fish and stands, beginning a few stretches. "It would serve both our purposes quite well, I believe."

jackslate45

First Post
Still pouring over the spell book, Ern chimes in, "I personally want out of here. Sick of this place. Would really appreciate real food."

The fish that she caught was already gone. The only thing remained was the bones. Looking up only to take a long swig from her canteen, she continues.

"However, if you believe that...Emma? That right? Anyway, if Emma believes that something hidden in that blasted vault, I want to find it. It would give me the chance to understand something that has been bugging me now for the past month."

Closing the spell book at last, Ern looks up at the rest of the group.

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
HP: 10/11
AC: 13 
FF: 10 
Touch: 13
F: +2
R: +3
W: +2

Crossbow: +4 1d8 

0: Light, Detect Magic, Read Magic
1: Benign Transposition, Summon Monster I x 3, Grease
[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Well a trap finder will likely be helpful in seeking treasure, but equally a "locksmith" and elf might be useful in freeing your friend. So I am not sure which way I ought to go in a split. But it is true that a smaller party might stand a better chance of getting in and out of elven lands." Aver says, flourishing his thieves tools with a rodentine grin.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham greedily devoures his share of the fish, which he splits with Moggins. Looking directly at Moggins he thinks "
Did you enjoy your fish Moggins"
". To which Moggins replies "
S'OK More better.
"

As far as splitting the party is concerned, Trinham is definitely in two minds, so he interjects "The god's know, I'm not a strategist like Lora." At the mention of Lora, Trinham's voice takes on a peculiar tone, a sort of mixture of dislike and respect, before he continues in a normal voice "But it seems to me its a really bad idea to split the group. On the other hand, we have two tasks that both appear to be time critical. So can we still do them in order?

Tira have you any idea how much time we have to rescue Tharivol before its too late? Ernestine, have you any idea how long before your former masters find this place? Mal, is it possible to close the secret door and hide it again?"

[sblock=OOC]What do people think of using spoiler blocks for Trinham/Moggins silent communication. Would italicised colours be better?[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth shrugs, "I'd really prefer not to perform another criminal act to free my friend. My plan is to speak with the elves, show them there is no threat in allowing others to learn their ways, show them humans can be an asset and ally... or something like that." He looks around and shudders, still not comfortable in the caves.

"Originally, I intended to do this with just Tira. And I'm still confident the two of us can handle the matter, especially since I'm the reason he's imprisoned in the first place. But I won't turn down assistance," the young man finishes as he slowly uncoils and recoils his chain.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Ah yes elven nobles famed for their reasonableness, lack of arrogance, welcoming demeanor, flexibility in disregarding tradition and respect for other races. No wait..." Aver says, snorting derisively.

"But I won't be much use if you don't plan to take the stealthy route, infact if anyone recognizes me - unlikely as that is - you might be damned by association. So I suppose I had best help out finding this treasure."

jackslate45

First Post
"Other than the horrible joke, the elf is right. For all we know, your mere presence might be enough to have you arrested as well, and thrown under the axe's chop. Doing nothing is also the wrong thing to do though, as it condemns your master. You are in some predicament." Ern points out.

Looking around the room at Mal, Ern continues "This room used to be a Reaver's sleeping hold. We would stay here whenever we used the passages. However, no one from the Reavers followed me into the caves. Dont know why they didn't. Either they figure I would be dead soon, or that I already took whatever it was they wanted out, and needed to guard all of the exits. However, a month has passed without them coming in. Maybe they know another way into the caves? I doubt there is much time, at any rate."

Looking around the group, Ern says "If we are to split the party, we would need to do this right. Both are time sensitive issues, and we would need to depart right away. I have an idea how we can break into jail. Breaking out would be slightly trickier"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Not a joke, sarcasm." Aver says wearing a look of exaggerated hurt,

"But the point is valid, there's nobody that can match the elven nobility for haughty arrogance and disdain. I should know, my father is one, but of course I was born out of wedlock so I am nothing but a stain." bitterness rings in his voice for a moment.

"But hey, I made sure I lived up to the old bugger expectations, what more can a loving son do?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Watch your tone, Aver. I've had more than my fill of sarcasm, from ones with tongues sharper than yours. And more useful. Most of what I've heard from you have been complaints, not suggestions.

"In any case, diplomacy should be the first choice for freeing Tharivol. The last thing everyone needs is for a war to start between Nandirly and the humans, especially with the Treylor business already underway. And sneaking in and breaking him out likely wouldn't go over half as well as me at least attempting to talk to them."

Jareth uncoils his chain once again and goes into a combat-ready stance. "Besides... maybe once they see what a human can accomplish with the same teaching, they might be a little more open-minded. I've already gained an understanding of the signature abilities of the order. But this is all conjecture anyway... We need to decide how to proceed, as soon as possible. Tira and I may be able to accomplish this ourselves... In fact, it might be better if just the two of us go. No offense, but you'll likely need more help down here and would cause more harm up there. Then after we save Tharivol, Tira and I can come back down here and find you and help you finish up down here."

Remove ads