The Key to Victory

Dragonwriter

First Post
The red-haired warrior steps away from the back wall, eyebrow raised. "Can we... Or, more importantly, should we..." he mumbles, entirely meant for himself and likely unaware he's even doing it. Running a hand down his face, he says over his shoulder, "I think that back wall rotates. And with enough effort we might be able to wedge it open and get through, one by one. So, let's go for it."

Jareth steps up to the far right side of the wall and braces his shoulder against it, ready to shove when others join in.

[sblock=OOC]
Ready to advance any time. :)
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine notices the wound, and descides to try and cut the flow of poison off before trying to wake him up. Taking out a strip of cloth, Ern ties it around Aver's shoulder. Once done, she starts slapping Aver's face lightly, trying to see if there is any change.

Noticing that the slapping had stirred Aver's eyes back open, she stands back up and says "Morning Aver. Welcome back to the land of the living." She holds out her hand to help Aver to his feet.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver opens his eyes cautiously and peers up at Ernestine suspiciously. Blinking he glances at himself, finding himself fully clothed and wholly free of injury.

"Ah, just a little rest... Ha, thank you kindly. Right well lets see if I can get this open quickly..." He says giving Ernestine a sheepish grin.

"Nearly... Ah I think that should do it!" He comments as the lock clicks open and he rummages for potential magical items, using a thin piece of metal covered in cork from his thieves tools - so as to avoid damaging any potential valuables.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Enough, the healing stops now. You get hurt, you die. If that was a larger trap, then you could have killed us all." Mal is tired of Avers antics, as he is simply putting them all in unnecessary danger. Sometimes people had to learn the hard way. This was one of those times.

Mal's aura flickers at his words, as it changes to that of a little more retribution. Turning to Jareth, he puts his weight into moving the rotating wall, hoping to get away from the rogue.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver rolls his eyes, "Fine I will catch up so the big scary traps don't get you. You are right if thus box had been full of dragons - instead of a small needle - we could all have died! And all I've got out of it so far is a pair of magical boots probably worth thousands of gold pieces, what a fool I am for wasting two minutes for that! Oh woe is me, please teach me your ways of wisdom." He says, in what might be an experiment to see just how much sarcasm four sentences can hold. He continues searching the chest until he is sure he has found anything of value within and taken it, stands up glances longingly at the rest of the chests and then follows after the departing group.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham takes a few minutes to recover from the exertion of failing to move the chest. Just as he was about the move to assist Jareth with the door, Em wakes up Aver. Trinham just rolls his eyes as Aver fails to learn by his mistakes and continues to mess with the chest.

Meanwhile, Trinham moves over to help Jareth.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
At Avers comments, Mal's eyes flicker, as he envisions just how swiftly he could remove the rogues tongue. Shaking the thought from his mind, he glares at Aver. "So, you would rather get gold and such, for your own use, instead of finding what can stop a war? You want to take your time with treasure, instead of hurrying to the aid of someone that is awaiting a death sentence?"

Mal's stomach churns, the familiar discomfort returning, as this man pushes him to his limit. "You knew what we came for. I will not aid you anymore, until you prove yourself worthy. Most of these others have done that, and more. They have fought side by side against an army. You, on the other hand, are an opportunistic sneak. A thief. Continue with your desires for wealth, but on your own time. Put us in danger again, and it will be your last."

Ignoring the looks from the others, Mal has had enough. His shoulder is put into the wall, as he attempts to help Jareth and Trinham now rotate this wall.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the others push open the swinging wall Aver finds a magical rod that looks like it's made of blue glass.

Light enters the room from the four foot wide opening. It looks like sunlight and the smell of plants enters the tiny treasure room to also add to the feeling that the door leads outside.

But as they look the group sees only a very large cavern. So huge that their looks to be trees growing inside it on the far side. And the light comes from a glowing dome in the ceiling almost like an artificial sun.

The door leads to a ledge that looks down into the chamber a path leading down follows the wall off to the left. A small pool of water sits a little off center and a plateau of grass lays above to the left. The right wall is a huge cave mouth with a dark tunnel leading off from the chamber.

Below the ledge in the southwest corner the area has all kinds equipment, bedrolls, and gear to make it appear like it was used as some sort of encampment.

OOC: Map not to scale just something quick to help.

Attachments

• quick map.jpg
    quick map.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 55

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine stares in awe, and looks around at this sight. How long has it been since she last saw real trees? Grass? The sun?

"Amazing..." was all that she could say. Even though she knew she was still under ground, that she still had a long way to go before she could leave this cave system at last, all she could was stumble forward, and stare open mouthed at the wonderous sight in front of her.

However, it was with a final reality that her eyes laid onto the camp site, and her eyes turned to fear. She quickly ran past everyone, and was running towards the campsite. NO this cant be happening. NO NO NO

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ernestine's worse fears are realized when she notices among the camp parts of a wagon. It looks like it has been used for fire wood but there can be no mistake it was the same one that the Reavers brought along with them.

Remove ads