The Key to Victory

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth shakes his head and wearily approaches the unconscious elf. "Warned you about that greed..." He tries to check Aver's vitals, but is not trained in such studies. "Anyone have any knowledge of the healing arts? Or know how to treat poison?"

The young man also keeps looking around the room, hoping another trap hasn't been set off.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal moves to within a safe distance, as his aura keeps the fool alive, hopefully. He turns to the others at Jareth's question, wondering if anyone else has the ability to do something about poisons.

"I can only heal slowly. If he's poisoned, then hopefully it isn't fatal. Otherwise, he dug his own grave."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jareth thinks the elf is asleep but can't be to sure. Although he is breathing.

[sblock=OOC] Poison says unconscious not sleep so guessing the elf isn't immune.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth stands back up, frowning. "Well, he's still breathing. For now." The young man appears a little uneasy as he looks around the room again, eyes focusing particularly on the chest and the back wall. "He may be out for a while... I think the rest of us will have to check that back wall. Hopefully no traps on it..." Jareth walks over to the back wall, looking at the outline on the floor as he passes, and stands, starting at it. He starts carefully examining it, trying to miss no details (and not trip any possible traps).

[sblock=OOC]
Take 20 on a Search check of the back wall, then around the circular outline on the floor. Total is 23 per square, when taking 20.
[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver falls back...

OOC: Assuming you made the primary save HM, I'll roll secondary if you don't mind. But a heal check would be good as a back up otherwise its 2d4 hours of Unconsciousness as opposed to 1 minute! Eidt: Uhoh, need a DC 13 heal check over here please - may I suggest taking 10 with a couple of aide anothers?

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham stands by the door and watches, nonplus, as Aver messes about trying to kill himself. At this stage Trinham is convinced that the room is one giant trap but firmly believes that telling Aver that won't make the slightest bit of difference.

Eventually Trinhams private prediction comes true and Aver manages to disable himself. Responding to Jareth's call, he starts to walks over to search the wall. Having an idea, he attempts to move the mimic's body been careful not to push it off the platform. Failing miserably he say, puffing loudly, "Blooming heck. This thing is heavier than it looks. I wanted to see if there is anything under it but its so heavy I'm not sure that even all of us together could move it."

[sblock]Push 650lbs. SRD says mimics weigh 4,500lbs.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine, knowing she can do nothing about moving that blasted thing if Trinham couldn't, instead starts looking after the uncounsious Aver. She looks around his fingers, seeing where the poison actually entered in from.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ernestine notices a blue tinge to one of the elf's fingers that wasn't there before.

The back wall looks free of traps the chest and the mimic must have seemed enough to whomever put them here. Jareth looking at the wall figures that since the creature moved that the space on the right side might open enough to let each of the group through one person at a time.

OOC: Any further actions in this room before I describe the next?

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal turns to the trapped chest, wondering if it was a single instance trap. Things like this were not his strong suit, so he leaves it for now. He hopes his aura can keep the rogue alive, as he watches Jareth inspect the back wall.

OOC - Mal had posted that he inspected the Mimic. Did he find anything worth noting? Besides his javelins and dagger?

Remove ads