The Key to Victory

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth frowns as the rat-faced elf immediately engages in more greed-based activity. "If the others are trapped, leave them alone. That thing nearly killed you and Cedric. Going for something that may finish the job, when we still have more important work to do, seems like outright stupidity." The young man coils his chain again, hooking it onto his belt.

"Now, rather than trying to get yourself killed immediately, why not take a closer look at that back wall? You spotted some sort of groove or outline there, and it was where the mimic was placed. Perhaps the wall is a fake? Preferably not another mimic..."

He merely waits, letting others get out of the room if they wish. Though he does take a moment to say over his shoulder, "Tira, she summoned the golden hound, which did help. The rest of the time, she, like you, couldn't get a shot off clearly. You each did one thing to help... Call it even and let the matter damn well drop."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"If there is something beyond that wall, then lets find it. First, I want to take a look at this creature."

Mal then moves to the fallen creature, examining the thing and taking his weapons back. (Retrieve javelins, dagger, and anything else that might be useful)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tira just seems to pout but says nothing.

[sblock=OOC] Your last post is correct AFg, 3 chest magically trapped and two with something magical inside.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Ern had already opened her mouth to fight back before Jareth said to drop it. However, Ern still glared in spite at Tira, before turing to Aver. "I agree with with Jareth. That mimic looked very close to the size and specifications of the chest. I would guess that the real chest must be behind the wall. "

However, she could not deny herself the possibility of treasure in the chests around. It seems that Aver is not the only one who wants to open it...

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Just let me open one okay? Magical items would probably make more of a difference than a couple of minutes in saving your friend, and if Mal here keeps that handy aura on I'm very unlikely to die, a minute next to him and I would be back as good as I am now." Aver wheedles, making a beeline for the nearest chest containing magic and taking a deep breath.

"Here goes nothing! Prepare to be thwarted trap!"

OOC: Let's hope that first one's enough! Now I remember why I don't play rogues, it's nerve wracking!

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Right I think that's done it, fingers crossed folks!" Aver says, inserting a lock pick and gently maneuvering it with an expression of intense concentration.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Aver clicks open the lock and removes a dart coated in some kind of dry green slime. "See no problems just a little poisoned dart," he comments off-handily but everyone can see his shudder of boy that was close. (DC 22 ;))

The chest that radiated magic from within is another full of dirt and other worthless junk. Maybe the item in question can be found with another Detect Magic spell.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Looking a tad dejected Aver casts detect magic and casts about for the magical aura. While he looks he asks, "Hey does anybody know what this sizzly stuff is on the dart? Could come in handy, if we can find something to hold it in..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Using his detect magic spell Aver quickly finds the source of the aura and pulls out an old pair of leather boots have buried at the bottom of the chest.

EDIT: aura faint transmutation

Remove ads