The Key to Victory

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver grins weakly, "Hey you are a handy fella to know Mal! Watch out everyone it tried to stick to me - I feel faintly violated. No means no, or in this case screaming like a small girl means no! You big stupid article of luggage!"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth hears the others shouting out, even while grumbling to himself about missing the monstrous thing. He steps back, muttering "Let's see if I can weaken it a bit." The young man chants an incantation and sends a black-green bolt at the chest-monster, sparking with necromantic energy.

[sblock=OOC]
Okay, directions are assuming the top of the map is north (easier that way). First, 5-ft. step SE, then cast Ray of Enfeeblement at the Mimic.

Jareth AC 17, HP 34/34
Spells:
0-level: Used 0/6
1-level: Used 2/6
2-level: Used 0/3

Quick Cast: Used 0/1
[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
If the last few weeks have taught Trinham anything, it is that he needs to preserve his magical resources whenever possible. However, sticky, animated chests seems like a good reason to stand make and use missiles. As he is not a good enough archer to fire into melee, Trinham decides to use magic. Point, articulate "Flecha" and three more sparks shoot out from his fingers and slam into the chest.

[sblock=Action]Cast Magic Missile.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 23/23

Attack:
Crossbow, Light +5 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Dagger +4 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Dagger (Thrown) +5 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Longsword +4 1d8+1 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +4

Crossbow Bolts: 30, 29, 28, ??

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell            Rounds Remaining[/i]
Detect Magic        ???

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (X) (X) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Ok going to end this round tomorrow night after XP and then have everyone go again. Need a few things first.

- ghostcat your first magic missiles was a bad link can you roll damage in the post above please for it.

- jackslate45 go ahead and go for the dog and the mimic won't move it will attack the befuddled Cedric so no need to wait to see where it will be if you want Ern to go

- FtF not sure how you got the HP you did I will go back and double check but I had you at 1/2 HP then 3 for resting. Did you lvl up after the zombie battle I need to check that.

Ok group this warm up fight is almost over can't wait till the real one. :devil:[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
The dog bites again, hoping that this time it will connect with the monster. Taking a little bit of the the side board away, the dog rips off the wood and starts chewing on it.

Ern, with neither a clear shot, nor seeing the need to summon another monster, merely moves to the side, and makes sure that she has reloaded. With a small smile of application to the dog, who barks happily with the large piece of wood before vanishing, Ern instead returns her focus to the fight at hand.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
[sblock=OOC] - FtF not sure how you got the HP you did I will go back and double check but I had you at 1/2 HP then 3 for resting. Did you lvl up after the zombie battle I need to check that.

Ok group this warm up fight is almost over can't wait till the real one. :devil:[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC - HM]Yes, I leveled up with a whopping +11 HP! Plus, I was at 9 HP at the end of the zombie fight. I never got below the 1/2, but was close to it. 9 +3 resting +11 level up.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 2

Malaroc steps up around the stacked chests and throws another javelin. This one glances of the top of the creature and does no damage as it clatters to the stone floor behind it. Jareth steps back and a black ray of light extends from his hand. The bolt of necrotic energy engulfs the creature and it let's out a roar as it's strength s taken from it. Cedric steps away to cast a protection spell as Aver moves back to cast yet another spell.

Aver is suddenly engulfed in a soft white and bluish glow of divine light. His aura lights the area a little more and makes the roguish wizard appear more a cleric than he truly is.

The chest steps up to take a bite at Cedric as an arrow from Tira flies through the slight opening made by everyone moving back. Trinham joins in the spell casting to slam yet three more magical bolts into the creature weakening it further.

The mimic wraps one of it's pod like arms around Cedric and starts to squeeze.

Ernestine watches as this new group with deadly efficiency has almost bested the monstrous chest.

[sblock=Combat]
POSTED IN INIT ORDER
Code:
Character       AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Malaroc         16  [COLOR=Yellow]23[/COLOR]  d.gauntlets/[I][COLOR=Olive]aura-healing[/COLOR][/I]
Jareth          17  34  spikedchain/none
Cedric          [COLOR=White][COLOR=RoyalBlue]17[/COLOR]   [/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]1[/COLOR]  c.bow/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]mage armor[/I][/COLOR]
Aver            14   [COLOR=Yellow]3[/COLOR]  none/none
Mimic           15  [COLOR=Yellow]11[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Plum]STR -8[new att +5(1d8)][/COLOR][/I]
Trinham         15  [COLOR=Yellow]19[/COLOR]  l.sword/none
Tira            18  ??  s.bow/none
Ernestine       13  11  c.bow/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Round 2:
Jareth - 5'step(SE), cast Ray of Enfeeblement
Cedric - 5'step(SW), cast Mage Armor
Aver - move(right of doorway), cast Light of Lunia
Ernestine - none?
C.dog - attack (hit dmg=4)
Tira - attack (?? need to roll)
Malaroc - attack (miss), move(to north of eastern chests)
Trinham - cast Magic Missile (dmg=15), move(none)
Mimic- attacks (?? need to roll)[/sblock]

Attachments

• K2V rd2.jpg
    K2V rd2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth gasps in surprise as the fake chest slides itself forward and proceeds to grab onto Cedric and squeeze. Reacting quickly, he calls out to the others, "It's weakened! Now finish it before it finishes Cedric!" Following his own instructions, he brings the chain around in another arc, the weapon again sparking with electricity!

[sblock=OOC]
Channel another Shocking Grasp through the Chain, attacking the Mimic. I hope it actually hits this time... :erm:

Jareth AC 17, HP 34/34
Spells:
0-level: Used 0/6
1-level: Used 3/6
2-level: Used 0/3

Quick Cast: Used 0/1
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Quickly seeing that the thing was weakening, Mal grabs his newly found weapon, the elven dagger, and hurls it with as much force as he can manage. The dagger spins, the light from Aver bouncing off of the recently polished metal, as it flies through the air.

The dagger flies swiftly, but the aim is all wrong, as the foe easily dodges the dagger. That is when Mal spots the chain coming in from the front, just where the creature dodged to get away from the dagger. The sparks fly as the creature is hit full force with that glowing chain of Jareth's.

"That's gonna leave a mark..." he mutters, winking at Jareth.

jackslate45

First Post
Ern whistles as the fake chest simply feels the complete wrath of Jareth's chain. "Well, I am glad to not be on the receiving end of you guys at full force."

Remove ads