The Key to Victory

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: If the Mimic still lives and he can do so without hurting a companion only.

Aver jogs forward and points both index finger tips at the monsterous chest, the light around him surges into his extended finger tips forming points of brilliance before he fires both off at the creature!

The light streeks away leaving Aver once more unilluminated.

[sblock=Actions]If someone is grabbed he will delay until they get a chance to escape and act only if they do. He moves forward to 20ft. in front of the Mimics right side so he can get an unobstructed shot and then fires off both rays ending his Light of Lunia.[/sblock]

OOC: Is there a way to shoot into a grapple in 3.5 without hitting your team mates? I don't recall one. Because its a convenient way to gain sneak attack damage, but I don't want to risk injuring party members. I suppose it would not matter too much if it was a summon grappling.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over

The mimic convulses at the assault from the group and then tips forward falling flat on it's front (face?) dead.

[sblock=OCC] Will look into all that for you AFg[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Still not a trap." Aver declares, a trifle sheepishly. He steps up and examines one of the chest that detected as magical - having already searched them when he examined the room in painstaking detail and attempts to open it.

"If they had that thing as a guardian they could afford to keep stuff here I reckon. And if its a magical trap either I would 'ave found it already."

"Ah, stupid picks."

"Nearly..."

"Ah, crappity, crappity, crap!"

"Almost there...."

"Ah, I think that might have got it!"

With great caution he inches the chest open. (assuming a 25 gets it that is)

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
As Aver begins working on the chests, Mal calls out, "STOP! If you want to trigger traps, then have a caution for those around you. Seeing as though you can't spot much with those eyes of yours, I don't want to be anywhere near you or those chests when the traps go off... again. Besides, you don't look like you could take another hit from anything, including a trap. Might be best if you wait until you are healed a little more?"

Mal then moves away from the rogue, as far as possible but within the same room. If he needs to, he will climb the wall and inspect things from above. Otherwise, he will move to the fallen creature and ask, "What WAS that thing?"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Yes pardon me I should have noticed that the thing that looked exactly like a chest, wasn't a chest, clearly I ignored you pointing it out to me... No wait nobody else saw it either. It wasn't a trap it was a monster, I think I can be excused on that one myself, but feel free to move away. Sounds like you are volunteering for last dibs on the loot to me!" Aver says affably, winking to show his words are intended in jest, while continuing to try his luck at the lock.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Mimic," Cedric says catching his breath. "Nasty monsters. Saw one disguised as a bed once. Rupert went to catch a nap and instead went to an eternal rest."

The creatures present seems to suggest to everyone that it was guarding something important. But it really wasn't guarding things in this room from way in the back.

Tira speaks up with an accusing look at Ern. "She didn't even help. I think she wanted the thing to kill us."

But before anyone can speak up Aver cries out in shock. "What is it a trap?" Tira asks bow in hand in case it is another mimic.

[sblock=AFg] Not a trap the chest you opened is full of dirt and worthless plates, pitchers, and bowls made of tin and brass.

Also note I don't have it as Aver searched all the chest for traps just the room. If you say he searched for traps on the chests than every chest is trapped. [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver grief stricken features tell enough of a tale, but he raises dirt filled hands and lets it slowly trickle through his fingers. "Ah, cruel fate why must you mock me?! I deserve treasure! Agony of agonies! To find dirt when expecting gold and gems! Bottom! And all of the others are trapped, which either means they contain fabulous wealth, or that the sick basterd who placed this seeks more fun at our expense!"

[sblock=Searching]Searching takes place in a 5ft. square, so I've always read it as anything in that square being included. Aver was indeed searching all of the chests. Were the ones that detected magical trapped, with magical traps? If so Aver will abandon the rest. :.-( But he's not going to leave potential magic items![/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Having calmed himself after the adrenalin rush caused by the fight, Trinham reminds Aver "Well those three chests have magic that looks like magical traps, while those two there look like they contain magic. Of course that's not saying that these aren't just traps as well." Trinham points to the appropriate chests, all the time backing up to the door. So he can pop round the corner, if Aver looks like he is going to do anything silly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=AFg] yep there are two chests that are magically trapped. Want me to roll for them before you try and pick the locks?[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: So let me make sure I have this right. All the chests are trapped. 3 have indications of being magically trapped, while two look like they contain magic - but appear to be only mundanely trapped? Is that right?

Remove ads