The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Yeah, I've got your Augment listed in my statblock so I don't forget it. I appreciate it, as well as the Sigil!

I placed myself on the map, so that Sha'kar won't have to move to Sigil me, and I moved Corragan one column back because we can't start in column R.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Three: A Simple Arena Duel?, Round 1

The cloaked figures advance, quickly grabbing all the orbs while directing their beasts forward. One of the figures produces a bow and hits Dina, causing a thin arc of lightning to shoot back but knocking the orb from Dina's possession.

Another summons a twisting vine that burrows up from the planks and pulls Dina away from the others, just in time for the huge ape to hurtle into her, taking her down...

GM: Map is here.

I rolled Sha'kar's init and got a 13.

Forgot to mention that each creature can only hold one orb at a time.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Beast Lord 1: Move to F5. Pick up Green Orb. Total Defense: +2 defenses TsnT.

Beast Lord 2: Move to H18. Pick up Red Orb. Longbow(Range 20/40): 17 vs Dina's 17 AC, hit, 4 damage +1 fire damage, take 1d4=2 lightning damage. Dina's save: 1d20=9, fail, yellow orb dropped.

Beast Lord 3: Pick up Blue Orb. Spectral Vine(Range 20): 23 vs Dina's 15 Reflex, hit, 14 damage + 3 fire damage and pull 2.

Stone Frog: Move to H15. Total Defense: +2 defenses.

Dust Frog: Double move to H7.

Ape: Move to H10, charge to O11, Slam(+1 charge): 22 AC vs Dina's 17 AC, hit, 11 damage + 1 fire damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Outlined areas are places where terrain is "incoming". It's been fired into the air and will land there at the end of the round. Any creature under it when it lands takes 1d10+3 damage, is pushed out of the terrain's area, and knocked prone.

Each round the outer perimeter of the arena will collapse. Last team still standing on the platform wins.[/sblock]

[sblock=Orbs!]Picking up Orbs: It takes a minor action while adjacent to an orb to pick it up. Once picked up, it hovers above the character's head (no free hand needed). Each creature can carry only 1 orb at a time.

Dropping Orbs: Orbs can be dropped as a free action. Every time a creature with an orb takes damage, it must make a saving throw or the orb is dropped in its square.

Green Orb: The team gains regen 2 while any team member has the orb and healing powers heal +2 hp.

Red Orb: The team deals +1d4 fire damage on any attack and has resist 5 fire while any team member has the orb.

Yellow Orb: The team gains a "static wall" property while any team member has the orb. Any enemy that hits a member of the team with an attack takes 1d4 lightning damage.

Blue Orb: The team gains +1 to all defenses and DR1 while any team member has the orb.[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], you plan the most entertaining fights. :)

Anyways, this looks serious- they have a lot of momentum already. General strategy: I think we should go after the humanoids first. Ranged folks should go first to knock off orbs, then melee folks should engage to pick up dropped orbs and attack. Remember, the best way to claim orbs is to kill the holder, so focus fire.

This turn: I want to wait til Sha'kar puts his Sigil on me, (and hopefully a Magic Weapon buff) move, then ready an attack that will trigger when someone heals Dina and she uses Provocative Order to sling me at bl3. I want that blue orb, and I think I can take him out by myself. PO+both my encounter powers+Sigil is 6d6b1+18, with +8 if Sha'kar lands MW, and I have an Augment and an AP in case I miss, and Desperate Fury has a built-in reroll. Then I can Swift Charge something else, maybe force another orb drop. Thoughts? [MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION], do you mind throwing down that heal?

Faraque

First Post
Rilissa streaks off across the battlefield to try and tie up one of the beast lords. Somehow, she completely fails to hit the man. Cursing the gods in inventive new ways, she pulls her sword back and prepares for the incoming assault.

[sblock="Actions"]
Move - M13
Standard - Charge I17
Minor - Cursing the ENWorld die roller for failing me again.
If Orb holder attacks me, I'll use Frost Backlash on him. (Trigger: On being hit - +7 vs. Reflex, 3d8 + 4 cold dmg, Imm Interrupt)
[/sblock]

[sblock="Stat Block"]Rilissa Shandalar - Female Shadar-kai Assault Swordmage 1
Initiative: +1 Passive Perception: 9 Passive Insight: 9
AC: 19 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 27/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge Value: 6 Surges left: 3/9
Speed: 6 Languages: Allarian, Imperia
AP: 1 Second Wind: Unused

Augment Energy, can expend it as a free action to add +2 to attack roll

Powers:
Aegis of Assault, Lightning Lure, Greenflame Blade
Shadow Jaunt, Flame Cyclone
Frost Backlash[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
As Rilissa charges the figure, it leaps away, its hood coming loose to reveal... a wilden.

[sblock=Enemy Reaction]Pursuit of the Hunter(When Rilissa moves up): Shift 3, gain +5 to damage against Rilissa and ignore cover/concealment TenT >[/sblock]

GM: Thanks, WEContact. I subscribe to the philosophy that interesting and varied combats are the lifeblood of 4e DMing.

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
OOC: Wondered if anyone had any constructive thoughts on what to be doing here? I 'm thinking to summon my toad, move to pick up the yellow orb and grasping tide to hit bl1 and df (the only place I can hit two people).

But I'm not quite sure where the toad would go... if we're focusing on bl2 then I'll put it near him, somewhere like H18.

The alternative is to move up to K7, throw thorn spray hitting bl1 and the dust frog, and then summoning the toad to attack them bl1 and have two shots at getting them to drop the orb. That seems better if we can focus fire up there, but we might struggle to reach those groups with our melee players.

Thoughts?

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Focus Fire on the one with the Green Orb as best you can, I think.

[MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], I think it would be better if you readied Provocative Order to trigger after I move within charge distance. If you ready instead of me, I'll be attacking on my own turn, so I can do things like spend an AP or a Minor picking up an orb.

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar briefly lays a hand on Ignatz's weapon, and when he removes it, a frozen sigil remains where he touched it, and the edges of the weapon freeze over with a razor sharp edge of ice. He glances at his fallen comrade and throws an infusion at her to get her back on her feet, then turns back to the opponents and looses a crossbow bolt at the beast lord holding the green orb, getting a solid hit but sadly not causing him to drop his orb.
[sblock="actions"]Minor: Icebound Sigil on Ignatz's weapon
Minor (Move): Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture on Dina - regain healing surge +2
Standard: Magic Weapon vs BL1 - Hit for 8 damage.[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 16, Fort: 15, Reflex: 14, Will: 14
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 4/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +2 vs AC - Repeating Crossbow 1d8

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil
Item:Alchemist's Fire (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Repeating Crossbow - 1d8 (Equipped)
Current magazine: 9 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 13
Partial Magazines Remaining: 1 with 4 bolts

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]
OOC: So close to a crit :(. Anyway, Ignatz gets +1 to hit and +4 to damage from Magic Weapon for his turn.

Last edited:

Remove ads