• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Meekis tags along, eyes alert for others that might seek to attack the party.*

"A priest? Good, the priest will know," Meekis murmurs quietly to Jarryd before they leave.

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding his head, Ayden smiled at Jarryd's thanks.

"As Master Andreas has said, it was what we hope any would do for us if the roles were reversed."

At the mention of speaking to another priest, Ayden's eyes light up as he speaks once more.

"Master Jarryd, to whom does Brother Ernest walk with, and is there anything you can tell us that perhaps he can't?"

Majin

First Post
"That would be Yondalla if you be meanin' who he prays to and all. As for myself shedding any more light on this situation, I'm afraid I can't. I keep to myself mostly. Being on the outskirts of town is what I prefer. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but like I said, maybe Ernest can lead you in the right direction!"

Verbatim

Explorer
Slightly disappointed that Jakob's father was not able to tell them anything at all, Ayden chalks it up to people minding their own business.

~Hopefully Yondalla's chosen will be able to shed some light on things for us...~

Excusing himself, Ayden exits the farmhouse and waits for the others to come out.

Last edited:

Chaos Apostate

First Post
hippocrachus said:
Calenthang wakes from his musings and follows the rest, smiling at Caelbryn and weighing his own sword in his hand. He sheaths it and to Caelbryn: "Looks to be a holy symbol..."

Caelbryn glances up at Calenthang with a wink. "My sword? Nah, shouldn't think so. I certainly hope not, anyway. I try not to get involved in such issues... Hey! Look! I did it!"

Verbatim

Explorer
Ayden Wyvernspur - Priest of Finder

hippocrachus said:
Having waited outside, Calenthang greets Ayden with a nod. "Where to?" he asks expectantly.

Glancing back towards the way they came, Ayden pointed to where he thought the town was as he answered the warrior.

"Well, since Jakob's father has kept his focus purely on his farm until this moment, we have two options that I can think of now. We can either find Sheriff Trond and go see the Mayor with him next, or we can speak to Jakob's uncle Ernest, a priest of Yondalla before seeing the Mayor."

Scratching at the faint stubble as he weighed the options, Ayden truthfully did not which was the best course to take. While he hated going into the meeting still almost blind, he did not want to be rude to the Mayor by keeping him waiting unduly.

"I guess it all boils down to what the others think is more important. What are your thoughts on the matter?"

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang merely smiles at Caelbryn. Later, when Ayden asks for his input, he considers the options and the opinions of the others. Not wanting to seem argumentative he offers an explanation for his opinion, which is the usual elven round-a-bout neither here nor there answer. "As Sheriff Trond and the others have no idea when we will reach the town, making them wait longer is not so bad. Then again, what could we learn from the priest that the Sheriff or Mayor do not already know? And maybe the priest is part of the Council..."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads