• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Majin

First Post
"Oh thats nice," the old woman rasps. "Trond's such a good boy. About the only one in this town that doesn't outwardly show disgust of me." She clears her throat, and coughs a few times before continuing, "But you mentioned your travelling with a large party did you? If you truly are here to help us with the lizardfolk threat than you will most definitely be heading into the swamp, and I may have a few things to aid you in that foray. That is if your interested."

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang laughs inwardly when picturely Trond as a "good boy." "Of course I am interested, madam, my party would be grateful for any help you might give."

Majin

First Post
"Well dear, I have all manner of salves and potions. If you have an upset stomach I have just what you need! Or maybe you need something to spice up your sex life, or cure impotence perhaps?" she says with a wink. "But no no, you look like a strapping young lad, no trouble in that department I'm sure," she cackles. "But the swamp, yes the swamp. Many dangerous things await you in there. One such thing being the mosquitoes! Deadly little buggers I must say. A dose for an entire day's worth of protection is only 5 silver per person. I call it "Mother Grundy's Patented Malodorous Mosquito Murderer!" I uh, also have something to fight off the diseases you might find in the swamp as well, but it's sort of dangerous. Takes quite a tough individual to stomach it! But if you can, it'll last for a full day too!"

Ernest is waiting in the temple when Ayden and those with him enter. "Now what would you like to discuss Mr. Wyvernspur? I'm a veritable fountain of knowledge for what goes on in this town, so I should be able to tell you something that will be of use."

Jarval

Explorer
"Ah, that sounds like a fine idea. Where should I meet back with you all?" Andreas asks, glowing with pleasure from being termed 'an intellectual'. Once given an answer, he makes his way toward the smithy, hoping to speak with Sheriff Trond.

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang cocks an eyebrow at the mention of his sex life. This day continues with comedy! "Here now, madam, what is this disease immunity actually fight against? And what makes it so tough to stomach...?"

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Taking his leave of the others, Caelbryn will head straight to the inn in the hopes that somebody will have useful information about the town's goings-on - at least, that is the reason he'll give if anybody asks him. On arriving, he will buy some drinks, make some friends, and make casual enquiries driving towards the lizardfolk (or anything else odd going on in town - you never know what might be connected). And if the opportunity presents itself, he'll also attempt to 'win' some money from the drunks through taking bets on which cup he put the coin under. He'll let them win just often enough so they don't get nasty, but infrequently enough so that he makes money out of it.

OOC:
Gather Information + 4
Sleight of Hand + 7

Majin

First Post
"It won't make you immune," the crone explains, "It will just make you more resilient to any that you may come across. The mosquitoes tend to carry swamp fever, but if you just purchase the mosquito repellant you won't have to worry about that at all, but I cannot guarantee that you won't run into other ways to contract the disease in there. As for whats in it, never you mind. Us women like to keep some secrets to ourselves."

Upon entering, Caelbryn takes in his surrounding of the inn. It's fairly crowded and features a roaring fire in the hearth against one wall. Drinking seems very much the secondary activity here; the villagers come here to play games. One wall holds seven whale-bristle dartboards and "Nine-pins" is played in the alley between the pub and the smithy. Gamblers engaged in a game involving coins and a piece of wood huddle in one corner of the bar. On asking around for any information, one local farmer speaks with Caelbryn. "Times is hard," he says. "My crop yields are down 'cause of the lack of water. Must be another trick of them lizardfolk." While Caelbryn attempts to find some takers for his game one of the gamblers turns to him. "Wanna try your hand at Two-up instead buddy?" Looking over to the corner where it is being played Caelbryn notices loose coins lying strewn across the floor as patrons apparently throw in their bets.

Last edited:

Remove ads