• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Majin

First Post
OOC - JARVAL - About your last post. I totally missed it and I just realized it going back over posts looking at the last time some of you have posted. Don't ask me how I could have missed it! How do you want to resolve this? Just assume you joined up with one of the others that went and saw him or would you like to roleplay it out?

OOC: I think the inn is a great place to have a sort of "roll call" if you will of all those that are still with us. Maybe make character introductions all around, as I'm not certain that everyone knows all the rest's names yet in some circumstances! Those that don't respond before the party sets off for the swamp in the morning will be considered to have ducked out overnight. We've all been playing for nearly a month now, and we've done quite well. You all have gotten a taste for the flow of the story and all that. I don't really expect any drop outs, (or at least I hope there aren't any) as I'm sure those that have posted in the last day or two will easily be on board.

Jarval

Explorer
Majin said:
OOC - JARVAL - About your last post. I totally missed it and I just realized it going back over posts looking at the last time some of you have posted. Don't ask me how I could have missed it! How do you want to resolve this? Just assume you joined up with one of the others that went and saw him or would you like to roleplay it out?
OoC: That's OK, it's easy to miss a post in a game as active as this one :) Handle it however you like, but the trip to the smithy wasn't Andreas' real destination. All he was doing was going to ask Sheriff Trond if there was a town historian/storyteller/wiseman who might be willing to talk with him.

Majin

First Post
OOC: Ok well, the closest person he would have pointed you to was none other than Ernest, who knows quite a bit about a lot of things, so we could just have him head to the inn then with the others if that is cool with you. :)

Jarval

Explorer
Majin said:
OOC: Ok well, the closest person he would have pointed you to was none other than Ernest, who knows quite a bit about a lot of things, so we could just have him head to the inn then with the others if that is cool with you. :)
Sure, it's fine with me. I'll assume I'm already in the tavern when the others arrive. Making an early start on the drinking... ;)

Majin

First Post
A waitress moves over to Calenthang and with a smile introduces herself as the innkeeper's daughter Griselda. "Good evening to ya! Your one of those adventurers that Trond brought back aren't you?" she blushes madly at the mention of Trond's name. "He's so brave to venture out there alone looking for help! He does it all for our safety you know." The girl sighs, obviously enthralled at the very idea of anything Trond related. Shaking herself from her trance she continues, "We have some very popular drinks that you can only find here in Orchard Meadows if you'd like. Theres our most popular drink, "Scrumpy", which is apple cidar mixed with alchohal. Theres also "Perry", which has pears in it, instead of apples, if you prefer that sort of thing. More hard ales like "Billy Benson's Bottom Biter", and "Old Enoch's Trouser Lifter" are available as well, all 2 copper for a tankard. Fruit wine and apple blossom champagne are a silver a glass, mead from our orchard hives is 3 copper too!"

You get the feeling Orchard Meadows really prides itself on it's selection of drink as Griselda runs down the seemingly never-ending list of choices. "We also have good meats as well, always sweet and succulent, as our livestock feeds on a fruit-rich diet!"

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang goes over the list in his head, remembering his body's contempt in him this morning. He sticks with juice. Plain, high in vitamins, juice. "I need a good dinner to fill me up, Griselda. A big one. I may look small, but I assure you I can eat as much as, say, Trond," he purposefully mentions Trond, as the shade of red she changes amuses him.

(OOC: Scrumpy: Well...mostly apples. I call plagiarism :p )

Majin

First Post
"I can get you something to fill you up then! It'll be 7 copper including the drink, sir," she states, fanning herself as she tries not to think of Trond too much.

hippocrachus

First Post
He pays her and waits for his meal. He looks around the Inn and drums on the table, recognizing two of his companions already present. I wonder what those two are doing... What were their names again?

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Satisfied with his winnings, Caelbryn orders a mug of 'Old Enoch's Trouser Lifter', as he considers it to be the most interesting-sounding of all the available drinks, and then makes his way over to the elf's table. "Good evening to you! Calenthang, wasn't it? Or was it? I'm afraid I'm not terribly good with names, especially when there are so many to take in at once. Anyway, I'm Caelbryn. Caelbryn Eventhil."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads