• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan wakes up in the stable at the first light of the day. He takes some time to take care of Felmir, before going inside and taking a meal.

Majin

First Post
(OOC: Moving right along....)

After breakfast and last preperations are made you notice, sadly, that the number of your party has shrank slightly. All those that remain set out for the swamp. Coming to the edge of town you see Mother Grundy's cottage and the road that will take you to the swamps edge.

hippocrachus

First Post
Coming to Mother Grundy's house, Calenthang opts to stay outside and talk with Quoth. He points nervously towards the door. "She's just inside there. Mind the eldritchy stuff." He whistles a bit while waiting for the others to do their business and looks to the raven.

Velmont

First Post
hippocrachus said:
Coming to Mother Grundy's house, Calenthang opts to stay outside and talk with Quoth. He points nervously towards the door. "She's just inside there. Mind the eldritchy stuff." He whistles a bit while waiting for the others to do their business and looks to the raven.

"I'll wait outside. I don't think I will be of much use inside, and there is always Felmir..."

Majin

First Post
As Drogo knocks on the door it slowly creaks open, as if on it's own. "Come in little one. My shop is always open," he hears a voice rasp from inside the small building. Peering inside he sees who he assumes is Mother Grundy busy at work over a small cauldron on a table near the back of the room. "Can I help you dear?" she asks.

Quoth looks back and forth between those remaining outside and squawks a few times, but does not utter a word.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"Madam Grundy?" Andreas asks as he steps into the cottage behind Drogo. The manners ingrained from his upbringing stop him from addressing the woman as 'Old Mother'.

"You met with a companion of ours yesterday, I belive? We're the..." He pauses, disliking the term mercenaries. "... negotiators that Sheriff Trond hired to try to broker a settlement between the village and the lizardfolk. We wondered if you knew much of the swamp? We'd be most grateful for any advice you could give us."

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Having no particular reason to go inside, Caelbryn lounges against a tree outside the hut and whistles a tune whilst trimming his fingernails with the tip of his short sword. It's rather too big, and as such the process consists mainly of attempting to keep the blade steady whilst scraping the edge of his fingernail against it in an attempt to shave some of the nail without taking half his finger with it. He seems to be having moderate success, in that as of yet he has lost no appendages.

Majin

First Post
The old crone looks up quickly from Drogo as Andreas enters the shop. She listens to his inquiry, all the while tapping her mixing spoon lightly upon her lips. "Well young man, I have been to the swamp on many occasions, as it is where I find some of the ingredients for my brews. But that has become rather difficult as of late with the lizardfolk up in arms as they are. If you all are looking for who's responsible for all this I can only give you one to look out for. A gnome who, a few weeks back, came into my shop and bought up almost my entire supply of mosquito repellant. He had two halfling twins with him to help carry all those vials. They were quite cute really, despite the dirty look they seemed to have about them. But anyway, it is my guess, that anyone needing that much of my balm, was planning on either staying in the swamp for a long period of time, or had many people with him to spread it around to."

Remove ads