• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter II

Jarval

Explorer
Following Ayden out of the hut, Andreas pats him comfortingly on the shoulder.

"Don't worry about what you said. You, like myself, know little of halfling customs, and you were just trying to carry the standards of decency that our own cultures uphold. Gods know, I still have plenty to learn about the world." He tails off, musing over the encounter with the dead gardener.

Majin

First Post
Moving on, the party comes across a path across a river, consisting of some round, brown stepping stones, carefully placed for a creature with a stride slightly longer than that of a human. The stones show the occasional scratch, indicating that clawed feet traverse them often. The river is 25 feet wide and there are eight stones.

Verbatim

Explorer
Stopping for a moment with the others to look at the stones, Ayden was pleased to see that the traffic across them seemed to indicate the lizardmen tribe they were looking for.

"I think this means we are on the right track, but I would not rush too quickly across the stones as they might be tampered with in light of the strained relationship with the town."

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"I think we have little choice but to proceed. We've seen no warning signs." Drogo cups his hands over his mouth and shouts "Hello! We come in peace!" He addresses the party again. "I'll have a shot. It looks kind of fun, actually."

OOC: Does the river seem fast &/or deep? Would there be much danger from falling other than just getting wet?

Velmont

First Post
"Well, there goes our chance to surprise them... I would have like to scout a bit to see if they are hostile, but it seems futile now, we can just wait here to see if they come arms open or armed."

Verbatim

Explorer
As the others begin to cross the stepping stones, Ayden waits a few moments before following the others.

~May Tymora guide our steps...~

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Chastity smiles at Drogo's actions and prepares herself to meet, as Sielwoodan said, an attack or a welcome. She hangs back and does not cross until it is apparent that there is no ambush or trap. [Sorry for the delay and the lack of real response. Work has been horrible this week.]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mosslime: Finhead Saurial/Male

Mosslime keeps his snout up as he keeps on the alert for any unusual scents. He stays close to the others as he absently tries to figured out why they where screaming at each other.

Remove ads