• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter II

Velmont

First Post
Looking at the others Sielwoodan thinks follow the guide... "Go on!" he said to the ones still on this side of the river. He stay alerts, his bow ready, and wait for the other to have cross before crossing.

Majin

First Post
Drogo takes note that the river is not moving fast at all, and as a result is very murky. He is unable to see a bottom to the river so he cannot judge how deep it actually is. What he does notice though is the water begin to ripple, then a giant crocodile launches itself out of the silty depths of the swamp, making a beeline for Calenthang!

Initiative:

Chastity - 20
Ayden - 17
Sielwoodan - 16
Drogo - 14
Andreas - 12
Mosslime - 11
Giant Crocodile - 10
Calenthang - 9

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mosslime: Finhead Saurial/Male

Moss screams in surprised but rather or not his companions heard it will have to wait as he sees the crocodile heading straight for Calenthang. Unsure if Calenthang sees the danger he pushes past him as he tries to protect him.

OOC: Two attacks but if I can beat the crocodile where he is going I’ll stop and let him come to me… Maybe a AoO? Also Moss will not advance into the water.

Verbatim

Explorer
"Calenthang...brace yourself!!!"

Calling out to the elvish warrior, Ayden hopes the charge of the beast does not knock him off of the stone and into the murky waters around them all.

Trying to think of anything that could buy his companions time, Ayden touched his holy symbol and called upon Finder to send down one of the hawks which fly above the Fields of Paradise.

OOC: Summon Monster I (celestial hawk) if able.

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang, in his amused innocence, doesn't notice the crocodile until everyone starts shouting at him. Eyes a little wider, he braces himself for impact.

(OOC: He'll attack it regularly, if able, on his turn.)

Jarval

Explorer
"Fun little beasties they have around these parts!" Andreas says in joking panic, scrambling several steps further back from the river bank. A moment's focus, a few quick but unintelligible words, and a bolt of blue energy files from his pointed finger towards the crocodile.

(Casting magic missile.)

Seonaid

Explorer
[I'm not entirely sure of the physicality of this encounter, so this is what I'd like to do, if possible.] Chastity lets out a yell as she leaps forward and attempts to pull Calenthang out of the way, without getting herself or any other people in the party in more danger. If she can't do that, she will jump in front of Calenthang with sword drawn, intending to take the brunt of the attack herself.

Majin

First Post
Calenthang hears the warning, and considering that he is preparing to attack back, Chastity is unable to position herself as she would have liked to, partly due to the crocodile's line of attack as well as Calenthang's willingness to fight. She is still able to strike the creature though as it makes it's way for the Elven fighter. Her attack lands, digging into the croc's thick hide. (8 damage) Off to the back of the party, Ayden begins the workings of his summoning spell as Sielwoodan lets an arrow fly from his bow. The arrow sails just over the crocodile's body and lands somewhere under the waters of the murky swamp.

Drogo slings a bullet at the creature and connects, doing minimal damage through the creature's thick hide. (3 damage) Andreas completes his own spell and sends a magic missle crashing into it. (4 damage) Moss's reluctance to enter the water prevents him from interfering in his foe's path, but as it reaches the shore he claws at it, rending it's hide bit by bit. (Crit! 12 & 3)

Nearly unphased by all this, the huge reptile snaps at Calenthang, unfortunately missing his leg by mere inches as the Elf leaps out of the way before landing his own blow. (5 damage)

Initiative:

Chastity - 20
Ayden - 17
Sielwoodan - 16
Drogo - 14
Andreas - 12
Mosslime - 11
Giant Crocodile - 10
Calenthang - 9

OOC: Sorry for the long wait guys. Time for round 2. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads