The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter III

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang's eyes widen apprehensively when Dunstand produces a rope.
"Where exactly did you get that rope, friend Dunstand?" he asks in a worried tone as he gingerly takes it from him. He hands an end to Chastity and ties the other to himself, preparing to make the swim to the other side.
"I shall hold the line when I get over there. The rest of you make your way across after." He turns to Chastity. "You stay here and hold your end until I am safely on the other side and the others have made their way across. I will hold it for you when you cross," he says, making the best of the situation.

(OOC: Props go to Chastity for being among the strongest... ;) )

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"If we take the rope from the well, how shall we escape? Can someone climb the wall? Discretion is the better part of valor, my friends. We are strong, it is true, but not unbeatable. I have a bad feeling about continuing without improved equipment."

Seonaid

Explorer
[I am really confused, but here goes my attempt at a post.]

Chastity nods and holds the rope firmly. "I am ready whenever you are."

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand sees the looks of horror the group gives him when he produces the rope.
“Sorry I didn’t want to frighten any one, but I left the rope there just for comfort thinking we wouldn’t need it any more in there rest of these caves. But it’s not a big deal, I have a grappling hook with me so I can still get it back up. And if need be I could just jump up or some one could boost me up, and I could grab hold of the first handhold, and then securing the rope so you guys can climb up safely. It’s only 10 feet or so to the first hand hold.”

Dunstand looks back at the rope with a pained expression.
“I’m sorry if I acted in hast, but I feared we where losing precious time.”

ooc: sorry people I didn’t want to upset any one, but I didn’t really C the clime as a big problem. :(

Jarval

Explorer
"Not to worry." Andreas says to Dunstand. "It's done now, and we might as well move on. So, who wants to be first across cross after Calenthang?"

Verbatim

Explorer
Although initially as shocked as the others, Ayden quickly realized that if they failed to stop the naga then they might not need the extra rope to leave the well area.

"What is done is done, and while it is nice to think of our journey out of here, let us worry about that once that time comes. Until then, let us concentrate on making sure that we can cross this vortex safely, as if the naga's lair is anywhere, I think this would be a great location for one."

kirinke

First Post
Teleri looks at Calenthang and grins lopsidedly. "Care to brave the wet death my friend?" she teases him as she begins to get out of her armor, handing that and her equipment to the rest of her companions. "Take care of my holy symbol please," she told Chasity as she handed the precious emblem to her.

"Remember, courage comes not from a lack of fear, but from not letting it rule you," she grinned and waited for Calenthang to join her before plunging into the whirlpool.

(she will wait for calen, and at the moment, she is just carrying her armor, weapons, holy symbol, a flask of water and holy water)

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang eyes Teleri nervously.
"Please, friend Teleri, wait for me to cross before braving the pool. If I lose my footing and am sucked in, I will need all the hands available here to pull me out. It will be much better for us all if we take it slowly and one at a time," he says, trying to stay his elf-kin from doing anything rash.
He waits to make sure she acquiesces before beginning to swim to the other side.

Velmont

First Post
"Don't fear Calenthang, we are more than one who will pull you out. It will need more than a strong current to drag you."

Sielwoodan put his bow on his shoulder and prepare to drag Calenthang out of the pool if necessary

Verbatim

Explorer
As the others began stripping their armor off, Ayden quickly offered up a silent prayer to Finder to keep his companions safe as they tried to cross the room.

Remove ads