The Last Gods - In Game - The Candlelight Avengers

D20Dazza

Explorer
The path leads to a gap several hundred feet across. Reaching the end of the road and looking down, you can make out a narrow bridge long enough to span the gap. Unfortunately, the bridge rests on the ground far below you. A glow catches your eye as the sun(?) glistens off something metal near your feet. Squatting down you see six metal rings attached to chains leading into the cliff face.

ringojim

First Post
Hmm, anyone much of a climber? Never really got around to it myself.

ooc: Daz, what about the stuff in my bag of holding? Do I have access to it?
also can I do a spot to see if I can see chains/ropes going up the other side (spot +4)

D20Dazza

Explorer
[sblock=ringojim]For all intents and purposes your bag of holding, while under the gaze of the beholder, is a heshen sack. Yep, you can see chains on the other side with your sharp elven eye sight[/sblock]

ringojim

First Post
Athear stows his bow in its usual spot over his shoulder and realising he doesn't, at this point have any arrows (quiver of Ehlonna) starts to swear under his breath again.

ooc: roughly how far down is it?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Worst-case scenario will be that we are attacked while trying to climb. We should have those who are skilled at nonmagical ranged combat ready their bows while one of us tries it. Unless anyone is actually skilled at climbing, I suggest either Damien or myself due to being far less burdened by armour."

ringojim

First Post
Thanks mate, once they're across you go, I'll cover you then come across myself. Not real keen on this climbing thing, best not have anyone below me to fall on. What do you reckon?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I just have a bad feeling that something ominous is going to happen soon..."

"Could one of you lend me a melee weapon just in case?"

*If there is no other way to reach the mausoleum in sight, once he has a weapon, Jharvym will lead the way, with Damien close behind in case they get ambushed below.*

(OOC: Climb +3 due to lowered Strength)

Ferrix

Explorer
"I shall lead the way. Help me for a moment with my armor."

Unbuckling a few plates from his armor and stowing his shield, Lord Turin turns towards his mount. "It is a horror that I am confronted with, my mount cannot descend the cliff." He pats the warhorse on the nose, loosing some of its gear to make it more comfortable and placing a feedbag over its mouth so that it may eat.

He lashes his shield to his back along with the freed plates from his armor, although the weight is great, it no longer restricts his movement.

He walks over to the edge, then looking at the metal ring, reaches down and picks it up. "Perchance this has a purpose?" He gives it a stout tug.

OOC: With his sectioned armor broken down all the way and with his shield strapped to his back, he's got a +6 Climb check. Yay for sectioned armor.

Remove ads