• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Last Gods - In Game - The Sword and Scale Trading Company

Kafkonia

First Post
Orin raises his hand.

"I'll read it," he offers. "These... gods... sometimes toy with us like insects. Like a young boy pulling the wings off of flies. If anything goes wrong, I stand the best chance to survive."

Rhun

First Post
Aram

"When you put it like, you are more than welcome to read the scroll." Smiling widely, Aram hands the scroll to Orin.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Orin unfurls the scroll and clears his throat before beginning to read aloud.

I have chosen your group because I think you are the most likely to succeed in killing me. My past self hopes to journey to the Mausoleum of the Gods, avoiding the gaurdians placed on the path leading there, and reach the Lethie Archway, where the Gem of Oblivion rests.

When gods wish to die, they journey to the mausoleum and step though the archway. Their powers are stripped from them by the gem, and their souls are sent to their final reward. My past self plans to steal the godly powers accumulated within the gem.

The diamond I have left you will transport your group to the mausoleum if you crush it. Unfortunately, it's a one way trip. You must find you own way back, if you can.

I realise that this quest seems impossible, but do not despair. I have also left you a powerful weapon in the form of Reckoner. If you use the blade to attack while my past self is distracted fighting with the Lord of Death, you MAY be able to strike the decisive blow.

By now I've already begun my progress toward the Archway. You must hurry.

Silence settles across the clearing as you absorb the scrolls words.

Legildur

First Post
Skleroc's head bobs slightly as he ponders the words. "Ssssurely there wasss sssomeone better than usss?" he asks pointlessly. "Up until the lassst sssentenccce, I'd have asssked when we ssshould leave. But it ssseemsss that if we accccept what we have ssseen and read asss the truth, then that time is now."

ByteRynn

First Post
Haldion's face perks up at the mention of an important dagger.

"Right...then the dagger is Reckoner and we shall get right on this business. It is well that we are going to have a chance to get to this god...well, BEFORE he is a god. Would it be worth it to take the time and discern the properties of this dagger. I presume it is a weapon of magic?"

Kafkonia

First Post
"Make no mistake, Halidon," Orin says. "This man is already a god. But he intends to absorb the essences of those gods who have died before him, and attain power meant only for the Great Unknown from whom the gods steal their energy."

He stands. "Some of you may wish to hesitate, but believe me when I say there is no time. I will go alone if need be. This is the purpose of my existence; if I succeed, my fellow Athar will tell stories of me for generations."

OOC: The Athar are the culture from which the Defiant class comes.

Legildur

First Post
"I will join you," says Skleroc. "Both assss a companion and a represssentative of my people." Privately, he believes that if they succeed and he survives that he might be able to reverse the exile.

Rhun

First Post
Aram

"I'm in, but only because I don't want my existence to come to a sudden end if someone doesn't stop Azrael...and maybe we can find ourselves something of value to make this quest worthwhile? Aram examines the diamond for another few moments in silence, and then hands it to Orin. "I'm sorry, my friends, but I cannot bring myself to destroy this gem. One of you is going to have to take that honor."

ByteRynn

First Post
"I'm all for jumping into action here, I just wonder if learning what this dagger does isn't the actions we should take first. I'd hate to be in the heat of battle with no way to activate the magic of the dagger, and the world end on account of our haste."

Rhun

First Post
Aram

Aram shrugs and takes the dagger from the bag. Turning it back and forth, he glances at Halidon. "My guess is that you activate the magic by sticking it in someone."

Remove ads