• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Last Gods - In Game - The Sword and Scale Trading Company

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kageri leaps into the air and flaps thirty feet above the party to better scout the area within moments the ground begins to rumble beneath the parties feet. Everything around you lurches up and then falls back down. Hurled near the edge of the path, you can see the cause for the disturbance. What you thought was rocky ground is actually the skin of some enormous creature. The rumbling was the movement caused by the opening of its city-sized eye. Pupil dilating, the eye moves to focus on the party. Other than staring at you, however, the creature makes no overtly hostile moves.

Flying 30' above the ground Kageri's wings dissipate as the eye focuses on the party and he tumbles to the hard ground below. The rest of the party feels somehow weaker, less powerful, as if they have been cut off from any magic that may have provided assistance.

OOC: Kageri falling damage 13

Last edited:

Kafkonia

First Post
"It appears that we have company," Orin states.

OOC:Knowledge (The Planes) 4, Knowledge (Religion) 8, or Knowledge (Arcana) 5 as appropriate to see if Orin knows what the heck this is.

ByteRynn

First Post
Halidon keeps his eye on they eye as he bends down and picks up his now inert Ioun Stone and puts it in his pouch.

"I wouldn't be so sure...anything that guards a place such as this would not look too kindly on the task we have set for ourselves...and anyone who would deprive us of our magic seems initially aggressive."

D20Dazza

Explorer
The eye watches on unblinking, the great iris seeming to bore into your very souls.

OOC: I guess I should have said in an OOC in the last post, for clarities sake, ALL magic/psionics is suppressed.

[sblock=Kafconia]A success? You dredg your memory and you can only presume, from what your memory allows you to glean, that what you stand upon rests atop a gigantic beholder, and it's main eye (the size of Tasmania) is trained on you and your companions[/sblock]

Legildur

First Post
"Maybe that eye will look away," says Skleroc, as a slight shudder runs through at the thought of the whole situation.[sblock=ooc]Draconic Aura is a Supernatural ability, so it is suppressed, and no one has the +2 to Listen, Spot and Initiative checks.[/sblock]

Kafkonia

First Post
"Gentlemen, you may not believe this, but I believe we are standing on a Beholder," Orin says. "And by far the largest such eye tyrant I've ever heard of. So let us hope that no other eyes are trained on us."

He steadies himself. "Shall we continue? It may seem absurd to walk on as if nothing has happened, but we are hardly in a position to do anything else."

Legildur

First Post
Skleroc nods in agreement, not even bothering to ask more about the other eyes of which Orin speaks. He continues in their original direction.

Rhun

First Post
Aram

Shaking his head as he listens to the others, Aram turns back toward the path and continues on toward the building in the distance. What have I gotten myself into this time?

Erekose13

Explorer
"This is not good." Kageri says as he picks himself up off the ground (?). "We require use of our Mantles to be effective. We hope that the Mausoleum will not be so affected. replies the enigmatic thin man.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads