D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

sithramir

First Post
Mistral will attempt to finish the wounded hobgoblin off with a stab from his rapier.
[roll0] (22 for Tapatalk)
[Roll=damage]1d8+1d6+3[/roll] (Fail=7+2+3=12 Damage)

"I like the way you die" the bard laughs moving back for a clear shot from the others.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ethian blasts fire down on one of the hobgoblins, and Mistral runs it through with his rapier. There is now one hobgoblin fighting by itself, but the odds either don't deter it, or they make it more desperate. Either way, it continues to fight, hammering on Ren's shield but, whilst others rearrange their lines, the big man stands fast. Zan throws a javelin and Pipluk fires an arrow through the gap, but both miss.

[sblock=OOC]
Next up:
Rurik, if he's going to do anything :)
Ren
Zanword I've already adjudicated, above.

Then back to
Nissa
Ethian
Mistral
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ren slices at the last remaining hobgoblin, causing it to take a step back, and get transfixed by a javelin from Zan and an arrow from Pipluk. It looks annoyed as it drops to the ground, dead. There are no more goblinoids in evidence, and once again the only sound is the soughing of the wind.

OOC: Apologies for the delay. As far as "firing into a melee" seems to go in 5e, there's no specific rule but it looks like cover, which can be granted by a friend or foe, counts as +2 AC, so I retroactively applied that to Zan's javelin attack.

Kaodi

Hero
"Oh, they all died before I had a chance to join in the fray," says Rurik, feigning disappointment. "Real shame, that."

OOC: I really think I need to start writing down the number code of all of my characters speech colours.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Thank you, Pipluk, for the help. What say you, do we join in this? As long as you don't loot indiscriminately, we'll do fine. And since the goblinoids seem to be around, there may be treasure waiting to be reclaimed just walking around."
[MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION]: I solved it by keeping always the same color regardless of the character. Single exception was 4e shadow dwarf which who speaks in slateGray because, you know, shadow :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Pipluk shrugs. "Could be mutually profitable," he says.

"What about my ***ing money," says Vanamonde, gesturing to the door that he was battering when you first came upon the group.

"Ah yes," says Pipluk. "Maybe you'd care to help winkle out our little thief, Captain. After all, he was here before any of us, perhaps he knows more of this place, if there are any more goblins and their ilk."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You came here to rob the graves. Why are you so angry that other had the same idea. I'm sure the thief would be glad to kill you first and rob your grave afterwards. You're still alive. Anger is useless. Come, help us, there might be more then enough to satisfy everyone. Note that crushing any urn, vase or other ornaments without asking could lead to having permanent residence here."

Changing languages, he notes to Pipluk
[sblock=Elven]
"You think you can keep them from destroying more then necessary? My group would be mighty offended if such would happen."
[/sblock]

Turning back to the group
"Now that we know we're not alone here, maybe someone should remain with the ship? Ren, you're the hardiest of us, you think you could stand against enemies long enough to cast off?"

OOC: Since Brother Dave will not be with us, we can leave Ren behind safely. Hopefuly. :)

Remove ads