D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Javier, wounded from the battle, had begun to tear a strip from his ratty cloak to tie around the wound. He was back to chewing that bit of leather, but otherwise said nothing.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Pipluk looks over at Vanamonde. "What say you my friend?" he says. "Your purse was small, perhaps we have a chance to earn it back and more."

Vanamonde shrugs, but he also turns away from the door.

When Zan asks Ren about staying behind, the big warrior says nothing, but he looks towards Nissa for her opinion.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"So, we're ready. Are we following little thief? Or just continue on this main path?"

OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], in post #95 (page 10) there is a mention of a corpse on the map image. What about that?

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ren puts a big hand on a shoulder of each of his fellow Issus-ites and looks like he is going to say something, but can't get the words out. In the end he merely nods.

"If it's okay with your people, Captain," puts in Pipluk, "I can send Luqe to join your big friend in guarding the boats, that way he doesn't have to worry about being cursed, or turned into a zombie, or whatever." Luqe nods in enthusiastic agreement. Ren looks at the young lad and shrugs, sure, why not?

Meanwhile, the choice of route: There are (closed, wooden) doors leading out of both the two dorm rooms; the one that Veneman was trying to batter down, and one past the goblinoids. Or, there are a large set of double doors, slightly ajar, at the end of the Rune Hall. Just inside the doorway is a corpse, face down on the ground. It is dressed in ragged clothes, and on closer inspection doesn't look entirely human - it's skin is a pasty grey colour and its hands and bare feet end in claws.

sithramir

First Post
Mistral thinks we should use those slightly open double doors. Someone could slip in without notice since it is open and we should cover our backs just in case

Dr Simon

Explorer
Grey skin, filthy claw-like nails and, when examined closer, a stench of rotten meat and sharp teeth, the creature is likely a ghoul. It bears no sign of injury, but it is completely inert, not responding when examined.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Zanword takes his scimitar and decapitates inert ghoul, just in case.

"Let's go this way. Our companions will take care of the thief if he comes back the same way and something happened here. Maybe we can even get in front of him if we go through big hallway instead of checking each room in turn."

Remove ads