D&D 5E The Lichway - IC Thread

Dr Simon

Explorer
Zanword moves further down the Lichway, to where it opens out into a plaza, with four side corridors branching off, and the main arched vault continuing beyond the plaza. In the centre of the plaza, where the ceiling rises to a dome high above, stands a 5 ft. high platform surmounted with bones, and with a tall abstract construction made entirely of bones placed together in a symmetrical arrangement.

The light, and voices, come from the first corridor on the left. Whoever they are, they are enjoying themselves as occasionally a chorus of cackling laughs ring out.

Attachments

• Lichway Map 11.jpg
    Lichway Map 11.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 116

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Zanword lowers himself into the crouch and takes a peek, extending the tip of his cutlass first to use as poor mans mirror near the floor and then showing his face slowly if he can see no threat.

1d20+5 = 19 (14d20+ 5)

OOC: use elbow polishing as needed :p

Dr Simon

Explorer
Zanword can't see much using his scimitar as a makeshift mirror, but peering around the corner he sees that there is yet another corner between himself and the firelight, and whoever is beside it.

Attachments

• Lichway Map 12.jpg
    Lichway Map 12.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 109

Neurotic

Waving his compatriots forward, Zanword continues his stealthy advance, now very careful and very silent.

Stealth (1d20+5=24) - IC is back online! (Dr Simon, feel free to roll for any future Stealth needed (at +5) in order to speed up the encounter.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Around the corner Zan sees a campfire, with 12 goblins sat or lying around it. One is turning what looks like a huge spider carcass on a spit over the fire, the others are laughing and joking about something in Goblin. The symbol of a green star can be seen on their shields, same as the goblins encountered earlier. They don't seem to have noticed him yet.

Attachments

• Lichway Map 13.jpg
    Lichway Map 13.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 114

Neurotic

Zanword returns, describes what he has seen and offers a suggestion (or two).

"I could scout further on and check if we could surround them. One group charges hoping to make them flee in other direction and right into the arrows of another group.
Of course, if it doesn't work those in the first group have a problem.

I could surprise them, maybe cut one or two and then run, lead them back to the rest of you. I like this one the best.

Finally, we could parley, call to surrender, but given that we would have to approach and we cannot all be silent, they would be ready for a fight. I don't like that idea. I don't like the idea of simply charging either.

What do you say?
"

sithramir

First Post
Mistral remarks, "I like your idea of a surprise attack. I can join you. If we can take out a few and run back it would even the odds more in our favor."

Mistral speaks a few more encouraging words about Zanwords great skill in stealth and Zan feels his spirits lift. Bardic inspiration, a free 1d6 to one roll in the next 20 mins.

Remove ads