The Lighting of the Death

Kaodi

Hero
" Maybe, " says the changeling, though he does not make a move to sheathe his blade.

" I am not sure what else we can do here, if those spirits have been driven off. Perhaps you can tell us a bit more about what else we are expected to do. "

Last edited:

jaker2003

Explorer
Jack kneels down next to Bill te examine the fresh 'kill'.
"What kind of undead can disappear and reappear like that, yet be solid to a blade? Ghosts and similar undead cannot be harmed without magic, an Reveka cut this one in two with a single blow! What are we fighting?"

JRYoung

First Post
"By the Flame, what vile abominations! We must root them out. Perhaps there is a way to see or detect them other than when they strike, that would be very critical information to learn indeed. They must have a source or lair, we must find it." Rethlin ponders the corpse, deep in thought.

"Next time I will try to channel the divine power of the Silver Flame directly against them, it may prove to be a potent weapon..."

OOC: i.e. Turn Undead. This time they did not stick around long enough for the attempt.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Reveka continued to keep an eye out, in case the creatures were likely to reappear. After a few tense moments, though, she relaxed her guard just a bit. Shifting her greatsword to a carrying grip, she retrieved her kukri from the fence post and resheathed it. Then she joined the group gathered around the fallen beast. "Perhaps now that we have a sample, you learned folk might be able to tell more of their nature. I don't suppose some could spare a bit of healing magic?"

OOC: current HP 11 of 23; Vigor aura won't help for now, since it only heals up to half maximum HP

JRYoung

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
I don't suppose some could spare a bit of healing magic?[/COLOR]"

OOC: current HP 11 of 23; Vigor aura won't help for now, since it only heals up to half maximum HP

Rethlin pulls a scroll from his pack and uses it in a prayer to the Silver Flame. "Reveka, let me tend to your wound. By the power of the Flame..."

Rethlin casts Cure Light Wounds from a Scroll on Reveka (1d8+1=6)

With the wound only half healed Rethlin repeats the process using another scroll.

Rethlin casts Cure Light Wounds from a Scroll on Reveka (1d8+1=9)

ajanders

Explorer
jaker2003 said:
Jack kneels down next to Bill te examine the fresh 'kill'.
"What kind of undead can disappear and reappear like that, yet be solid to a blade? Ghosts and similar undead cannot be harmed without magic, an Reveka cut this one in two with a single blow! What are we fighting?"

Jack should make a Knowledge Religion check and a Knowledge Arcana check.
Other people may also want to do this as well.

ajanders

Explorer
Jack and Mathew examine the monster for a while.

Jack comes to the conclusion that this thing is not undead after all. Or was not undead. It doesn't look rotted or wispy: it bleeds, it has all its organs in good shape except where Reveka hove a greatsword through them...it seems like some kind of beast.

Mathew can confirm this: according to Barlowe's Guide to Extraplanars, it's an ethereal marauder. Really, the trilateral symmetry makes it obvious. And it's a good thing the trilateral symmetry makes it so obvious, because Barlow has completely ignored the howling and the luminescence and describes this creature as a "rare and solitary hunter that avoids civilization".

He is so getting an angry footnote after this adventure is over.

Remove ads