The Lighting of the Death

ajanders

Explorer
Moggthegob said:
Zook leaps out of the Skytruck and pulls out his Crossbow, looking around and listening for anything unusual, specifically he wants to try and glean whether or not the sounds are illusory( and as such is attempting to disbelieve it)

The thunder is real. The DOOM Doom doom business was the DM trying to add atmosphere.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Reveka stepped forward with a smooth, wary gait, eyeing the chicken curiously. She shifted the grip on her sword to a one-handed rest and poked the chicken almost gingerly with the gloved finger of her off hand. "I have heard it said that a chicken might run about wildly after its head has been cut off, but this seems a bit extreme. Is it truly alive, or more like the living dead?" She looked around the group to see if any of the scholars might advance an opinion.

ajanders

Explorer
The chicken twitches and flaps as Reveka pokes it, but makes no sound.

Bill licks his lips.

"Look at the o-other side of the fence...."

pathfinderq1

First Post
If Reveka felt fear or revulsion, it did not show. Her sharp-featured face was set in a gaze of predatory curiousity- a cat eagerly watching a mousehole. Shifting her greatsword back to a fighting grip, she moved to peer around the fence as Bill directed...

ajanders

Explorer
Reveka peers around the fence.
Empty chicken coops, slightly full chicken coops, straw, barrels of feed, a chopping block....
She doesn't see anything remarkable.

After a moment, she realizes she should be seeing the other half of the chicken.

Moggthegob

First Post
Zook mutters quietly to himself Disappearing dead chickens. That's strange. Maybe some kind of magic? or sometihngthat oesnt care that its eating bones. Ver strange.

Kaodi

Hero
Veyk's mouth twists into a distasteful grimace as he examines the unlucky creature, and its partial absence. Scratching his beard absently, he says to no one in particular, " I am no expert on these matters, having no training in magicians' tricks, but I must wonder if there is some sort of eldritch planar force at work here, akin to the manifest zone perhaps. Could this creature be stuck in between the city and another dimension? "

Remove ads