The Lighting of the Death

ajanders

Explorer
(OOC: Yep. It's called "building suspense")

Reveka yanks on the chicken, which does not move, then draws her knife to slay it.
Suddenly the chicken disappears into the wall, leaving only a few feathers behind.

"Run, you chaps!" Will yells from the truck.
Bill looks at you all nervously.
"You blokes can droive off the goblin dead, roight?"
"Roight??"

The howling is all around you now, but nobody can see anything to strike yet.
Running could still be an option. Bill looks like he's all for it unless someone steadies his nerves in a heroic way, possibly with a Diplomacy check.

The order is:
Rethlin
Veyk
Zook
Jack
Reveka
Bill and Will
Matthew

Rethlin is up.

jaker2003

Explorer
I know Jack doesn't act for a while, but I don't want you guys to have to wait for my post when my turn comes, so . . .
[sblock=Jack's upcoming turn]Jack tries to calm Bill with some sense, "While my training focused more on destroying constructs than undead, I do have a basic understanding of them. I even have a wand that will devastate them and heal us. We also have amongst us a cleric of the Silver Flame. You are surrounded by capable friends. You may wish to return to the truck to escape their reach, but do not stray from the group, you may not last long if caught alone." Diplomacy (calm Bill) (1d20+3=21)

Jack will draw his wand of CLW (move or free with move)
Jack will try to identify the undead when they are visible (free) Knowledge (religion) (identify kind of undead) (1d20+4=14)

Jack will try to keep himself between the undead goblins and Bill, so that they have to move past Jack to get to him. Jack has Combat Reflexes and a +3 Dex bonus, he can probably handle bodyguard duty for Bill.
If the undead close within 30ft. from Jack and Bill, Jack will close the gap and strike them with a flurry of blows (as a Scout1, Jack gets a +1d6 damage bonus when moving more than 10ft. in a round). (move)
Two attacks: +2 to attack, 2d6+1 for damage (standard)[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Reveka blew out a sharp "huff" of frustration as the chicken vanished, but the howling of whatever was coming was now loud enough to draw her attention. With a sharp flick of her wrist, she stuck her kukri into the fence- there was no time to sheathe it safely. Then she reclaimed her greatsword and began to scan the area for targets.

OOC: drop kukri, ready greatsword, Ready action to attack any visible target that comes into melee range

JRYoung

First Post
Rethlin AC23 (Total Defense), 18 hit points

With no threat visible yet Rethlin attempts to calm down the others: "Steady now, form a defensive circle". He steps into position between two of the others going Total Defense.

Rethlin's Diplomacy check to calm everyone's nerves (1d20-1=16)

OOC: Reveka's aura adds +1 to this result, so the total is 17, and if Veyk's aid another is successful that will bring it up to 19...

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Veyk follows Rethlin's lead, preparing to defend himself and adding his own reassuring words, " We will be fine if we stand together. Whatever these howlers are, they will be unable to overcome us. "

( Aid Another for +2, should be automatic success with Veyk's abilities I guess? )

ajanders

Explorer
Round 1, in which the players take many actions

With no threat visible yet Rethlin attempts to calm down the others: "Steady now, form a defensive circle". He steps into position between two of the others going Total Defense.

Veyk follows Rethlin's lead, preparing to defend himself and adding his own reassuring words, " We will be fine if we stand together. Whatever these howlers are, they will be unable to overcome us. "

Zook takes the oppurtunity to cast Mage Armor on himself,from his wand.

Jack tries to calm Bill with some sense, "While my training focused more on destroying constructs than undead, I do have a basic understanding of them. I even have a wand that will devastate them and heal us. We also have amongst us a cleric of the Silver Flame. You are surrounded by capable friends. You may wish to return to the truck to escape their reach, but do not stray from the group, you may not last long if caught alone." Diplomacy (calm Bill) (1d20+3=21)

Jack will draw his wand of CLW (move or free with move)
Jack will try to identify the undead when they are visible (free) Knowledge (religion) (identify kind of undead) (1d20+4=14)

Jack will try to keep himself between the undead goblins and Bill, so that they have to move past Jack to get to him. Jack has Combat Reflexes and a +3 Dex bonus, he can probably handle bodyguard duty for Bill.
If the undead close within 30ft. from Jack and Bill, Jack will close the gap and strike them with a flurry of blows (as a Scout1, Jack gets a +1d6 damage bonus when moving more than 10ft. in a round). (move)
Two attacks: +2 to attack, 2d6+1 for damage (standard)

Reveka blew out a sharp "huff" of frustration as the chicken vanished, but the howling of whatever was coming was now loud enough to draw her attention. With a sharp flick of her wrist, she stuck her kukri into the fence- there was no time to sheathe it safely. Then she reclaimed her greatsword and began to scan the area for targets.
Reveka
[sblock]
The howls circling you give you the feeling of wolves hunting prey, looking for an opening.
[/sblock]

Bill spits on his hands and cocks his morning star over his shoulder.
"Hurr, roight. Let's send those goblins back to Dollurh!"

Mathew is up next, and a question: Rethlin was encouraging people to form a defensive circle. Are you taking his advice or forming a battle line?
Is anyone in the center of the circle?

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Circle up as best we can, given the lay-out of the area. At this point I'd guess maybe Bill, Zook (with his crossbow?) and probably Matthew in the center- the others around the outside.

Remove ads