The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek swings his blade at the shaman's back as he retreats, scoring a minor hit.
[sblock=OA]OA vs. Hoofchew: 1d20+6=24 vs. AC, 1d8+3=5 damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Yay, update! Heh, I was thinking we were in for an area attack if Hoofchew had one. On another note, I'm not sure how I can maintain my mark on Hoofchew now ... I can't get adjacent to him on the stairs, and I don't think he's low enough to attack from ground level .... Oh well, he's almost done for anyway.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk attempts to jump over the bar and race to the stairs to get a chance to swing at G3.

Minor Action:
Get out of prone

Movement action 1: Attempt to clear the bar and rush towards the stairs
to attack G3

athletics roll: 1d20+7 = 13

Not enough to clear the height of the bar. "Curse my dwaven height!" Kruk shouts.

Movement action 2

Kruk tries again

atheletics roll: 1d20+7 = 20

This time he clears the bar and lands on Y12, possibly taking some fire damage from Cross's flaming sphere.

He rushes towards the stairs to attack G3.

OOC: Am I allowed to run to stairs after jumping over the bar? If so I'd like to run to the stairs at location X16 and mark G3.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Escaping to the roof was not an option for these orcs. Les wondered what they thought to do once on the roof. Unless they had some sort of rope system set in place for a quick roof-top escape. She figured that even if they did, they would not be able to get away. Sending someone to wait outside would prove useless since the building was fairly large and if there was a rope escape the best bet for the group would be to hail ranged attacks down on them while the orcs tried to get away. They already looked very bloodied and most likely could not handle much more. However, the sniper up top was still of some concern. He was still unharmed, but the gith had a plan to change that.
Merenwen! You said you were good with blade and bow, correct? How about a little boost to mess up that sniper’s aim? I’ll throw you up there and you can cut him to ribbons! I may not trust you yet, but I am forced to trust your skill. Are you up to it?

Without waiting for much reply, Les concentrates on the elf and hurls her upwards toward the hole in the ceiling aiming to land her safely within Les’s sight and on top of the roof. Les will also move towards the stairs and get ready for whatever else the orcs may do.
[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Move south 6 squares, jump over the bar: 22
Move: Telekinetic Leap: encounter power on Merenwen to move her up.
Minor: None
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Covaithe, I think I used my second wind already on the same turn as I used my daily and used an inspiring word on Vashik.
Also, Merenwen, you go before me so you can do whatever and then I’ll move you up if you still want. I will modify my action if you no longer want to go this path.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Hoofchew pays a bloody price for his retreat, but remains on his feet. (18 total damage. Cross misses.)

Kruk's dwarven heritage comes to his aid, and he is able to remain on his feet despite taking the full blast of Hoofchew's magic. He slips once, then leaps over the bar on his second try and charges the guard on the stairs. (ooc: I forgot that Kruk, being a dwarf, gets a save to avoid falling prone, which he makes. I'll let him jump the bar as part of a charge, which means he gets a basic melee attack against G3, and can mark him. Go ahead and roll that attack, please.)

Raiyek feels a sting in his neck once again as the sniper finds him with another dart. This time, though, he manages to shake off the effects of the poison right away, suffering no further ill effect. The sniper steps back away from the ledge and is once again out of sight. (ooc: Sniper hits AC but misses Fort; Raiyek takes 1 damage but no ongoing.)

[sblock=Initiative and status]

Merenwen unharmed, +6 temp hp, +1 to defenses
Les 16/24, +2 to defenses 'tsnt
Kilbeth 30/31, +1 to defenses, prone
Raiyek 26/27 +1 temp hp, +1 to defenses, -4 AC (save ends)
Orc grunts, all dead
Balth 19/22, +1 to defenses
Larinza 17/24, +1 to defenses, prone
Vashik 10/20 +1 temp hp, bloodied, 5 ongoing poison damage and slowed (save ends), +1 to defenses
Orc Guard G3 27 damage, bloodied
Hoofchew 98 damage, bloodied, divine challenged by Raiyek
Orc Guard G1 dead
Orc Guard G2 [dead
Kruk unharmed, +1 to defenses
Orc Sniper unharmed, out of sight. (map shows last known position)
Cross 14/25, +6 temp hp, +1 to defenses <== you're next

Resources used:
* Vashik: Acid Arrow, 1 surge
* Cross: Flaming sphere, AP, 1 surge
* Larinza: Bulwark of Defense, Inspiring word x2, 3 surges, second wind, AP
* Raiyek: AP, Channel Divinity, Hunter's Quarry, Lay on Hands x1, 1 surge
* Merenwen: Evasive Strike
* Les: Inspiring Word x2, AP, Bulwark of Defense
* Balth: Two-fanged strike, AP, Second Wind, 1 surge, Elven Accuracy
* Kruk: Brute Strike, AP
* Kilbeth: Goring charge, Evasive Strike, AP

* Hoofchew: AP, Warrior's Surge, Chaos Hammer
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Code:
   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z AABBCCDDEEFFGGHHIIJJKK
==============================================================================
01| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
02| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
03| . . . .W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
04| . . . .W. .T. . . . .T. . . . .T. .[COLOR=yellow]M[/COLOR]. . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
05| . . . .W. .T. . . . .T. . . . .T. . . . .x. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
06| . . . .D. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .x. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
07| . . . .D. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .x. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
08| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[COLOR=yellow]Le[/COLOR] . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
09| . . . .W. . .T. . . .T. . .T. . . .T. . .x. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
10| . . . .W. . .T. . . .T. . .T. . . .T. . .x.[COLOR=yellow]Ki[/COLOR] . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
11| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .x.x.[COLOR=yellow]La[/COLOR]x.x.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
12| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[COLOR=yellow]R[/COLOR]. . . .[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR].[COLOR="Yellow"]C[/COLOR]. . . . . . . . . . .|
13| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
14| . . . .W. . .T. . . . . . .T. . .T. .T. . .[COLOR="Yellow"]V[/COLOR].[COLOR=yellow]B[/COLOR]. . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
15| . . . .W. . .T. . . . . . .T. . .T. .T. . . .[COLOR=yellow]Kr[/COLOR] . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
16| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .s.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]G3[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrange"]HC[/COLOR]W. . . . . . . . . . .|
17| . . . .W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
18| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
19| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
20| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
21| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
22| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
23| . . . .W.W. . .W.W.W.W.W. . .W.W.W.W. . .W.W. . .W.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
24| . . . . . . . . .T.T. . . . . .T.T. . . .T.T. . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
25| . . . . . . . . .T.T. . . . . .T.T. . . .T.T. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
26| . . . .W.T.T. . . . . . . . . . .[COLOR="DarkOrange"]S[/COLOR]. . . . . . .T.T. . . . . . . . . . . .|
27| . . . .W. . . . .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
28| . . . . . . . . .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
29| . . . . .T.T. . .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
30| . . . .W. . . . .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. . .T.T. . . . . . . . . . . .|
31| . . . .W. . . . .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
32| . . . .W. . . . .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
33| . . . . .T.T. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
34| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
35| . . . .W. . . . .T. . . .T. . . .T. . . .T. . . .s.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
36| . . . .W. . . . .T. . . .T. . . .T. . . .T. .*.*.s.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
37| . . . .W.W. . .W.W.W.W.W. . .W.W.W.W. . .W.W. . .W.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
38| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
39| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
40| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
=============================================================================
[/sblock]

Brutoni

First Post
Merenwen nodded to her gith warlord companion and felt the effects of the telekenetic power as she was thrown up into the air. Ignoring the feeling of weight loss Merenwen looked right to take sight of of her opponent. Locating him the wood elf slipped backwards to avoid any close combat attacks and then without hesitation unleashed two arrows at the unharmed sniper. Letting her emotions run freely Merenwen snarled at the sniper as he obviously attempted to move away from the arrows.
"Enough!" Even as she said it the wood elf ranger drew on her stamina and raised her bow, firing another two shots. For a moment the first one seemed to slide of target but with the accuracy known only to the elves she focused and unleashed an attack sent straight for the snipers head. A second later and the fourth and final arrow was in the air sent straight towards the snipers midriff should he attempt to dodge it.

At such close range all of the arrows smashed into the sniper one after the other. Not just killing the offending creature but bodily lifting him and throwing him to the ground even as Merenwen let out a vicious elven war cry.

"Give up you foul creature, not even your sneaky sniper could save you!"

[sblock=actions]
Power from Les to move 5 sqaures to S26.
Move Action: Shift to T26 thus avoiding AO
Minor Action: Assign Sniper as Hunters Quarry
Standard Action: Twin strike against the sniper with prime shot bonus.
Dice rolls for Standard Action:
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10; 1d6[19,7] = (26)
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10; 1d6[18,7] = (25)
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10; 1d6[8] = (8)
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10; 1d6[4] = (4)
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10; 1d6[1] = (1)

Resulting in first attack = +26 vs AC, 8 Damage
Resulting in second attack = +25 vs AC, 4 Damage
Hunters quarry applied to second attack = 1 damage
Total Damage as im assuming +26 and +25 hit = 13HP

Merenwen will spend an action point to move into a safe firing position if needs be. If she can just shoot away then she will spend an action point instead to twin shot again.

Dice rolls for second twin shot
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10[7,7] = (14)
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10[16,7] = (23)
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10[4] = (4)
1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d10; 1d10[7] = (7)
Use elven accuracy to reroll first shot attack roll

Giving 1d20+7[20,7] = (27)

Resulting in +27 Vs AC, +23 Vs AC with 20 HP and then 7HP damage.

I'm assuming that will kill him?
[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=F.S. (damage to self)]dam: 1d4+5=7, Roll Lookup
Fire Resist=5 (racial trait)
Final Dam=2 (7-5)[/sblock]
With a maniacal grin and a malicious gleam in his eye, Cross steps into the cloud of blue-black, sulfuric smoke left by the ball of fire as it dissipates. The minor burn left by his flames are easily ignored, as his full attention is on the flail-wielding orc.

His fury at even being touched by the foul beast, only leaves him able to hiss "BARAK" through clenched teeth... as he points his staff at the guard & sends another eldritch ram's head hurtling toward his center of mass...

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Use Infernal Wrath vs G3, Race : D&DI Compendium : Insider : Dungeons & Dragons (F.S. ends)

Move: Shift to Z12

Std: Magic Missle vs. G3
hit: 1d20+4 vs Ref=19, Roll Lookup (I actually forgot to include the additional +1 from Infernal Wrath, but I don't think I needed it)
dam: 2d4+6=12, Roll Lookup (an additional +2 damage from Infernal Wrath)
[/sblock]

Remove ads