• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Alexander nods to Arthur, crouching down into a more martial pose.

"I'll head off the one that's coming towards us. Set up some precautions to our left; if there are four foes in that direction, then I want them to know pain before they even get to us. Squad, get ready!"
+ Reply to Thread
His fists crackle with barely concealed potential, lightning flashing from the walls as he gets ready to fight, moving towards the right of the room to intercept the interceptor.

OOC: Initiative 8. Give me a little bit to work out the google maps. It keeps crashing my laptop...

Ray Ray

First Post
((NOOO my little friend :( ))

Raymond said nothing more to Ghost. He made a mental note to explain to Ghost the way him and Rey often exchanged unknown code, but doubted he'd understand. Maybe it was just a twin thing.

He knelt down slowly, as to not put the weapon wielding aliens on high alert, offering out a hand to where the little alien had hidden; he was unsure if it could still see him, but by George if this was first contact with an unknown alien species, he wanted to make the best of it.

OOC: So Sierra fight in initiative order is: Mikhail, J.D.Tsuba, Blade bots, Aleksandra, Claw bots.

Echo fight is: Arthur, ???, ???, Bauhdric, ??? . Rey yet to post.

People post their turns whenever they can instead of when they come up with if/if not statements so we can speed combat up.

Enemies are now on the map, for Echo squad a bit less so.

Arthur gets ready for what is to come and sees a singular light that looks like a camera in the room to his right, the camera seems to zoom on their position then moves out of view.

Boarded up building

The alien shrieks at Ghost and three of the aliens are starting to swing makeshift bolas ready to throw at Ghost. One of the other Aliens who is shielding the smaller one calmly walks up to Raymond, points to his rocket launcher and opens his arms up for Raymond to place it there. The small alien clambers onto the creature's large taur back and is hiding behind it's humanoid looking half. Still looks intrigued at Raymond though a little shy.

Ray Ray

First Post
He looked a little reluctant as he picked up the rocket launcher and placed it delicately in the aliens arms. If this'd been any human he would have never even thought about giving up his Rexxar...But this was different.

"I'm trusting you. Don't hurt him or I won't be so agreeable, ey? What am I saying, I don't even know if you can vaguely understand me."

Last edited:

Ray_Ray

First Post
"Be careful with your explosive techniques here Arthur, I am sure the concussion waves from anything big would do havoc even in our suits" she spoke carefully, smiling for a moment back at him before thinking "I would suggest pulling back, we hold a defensive position, draw them out towards us... if they are not hostile then we can engage them from a safe distance, if they are we have a perfect killbox". She spoke carefully "Captain, what are you orders?

@Mr Splodey man
For a moment if Arthur is looking he can see Rey's expression shift to something a little more childish and sinister seeming to revel in it as well, her lips moving silently in a repeating pattern... as if she is saying something to herself.

OOC:
Final Initiative: 11
Action: throw a barrier on Bauhdric, the full on which I think is 2-4 Mana for 8 barrier

Last edited:

'Ghost'

First Post
Swinging his rifle back around, quicker then the eyes can follow it returns to his hands. He removes the ammo cartridge, and places it on the floor. Replacing the ammo cartridge into his suit. whilst performing this his eyes never leave the head aliens.

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
Silently in the corner, J.D. gestures and whispers throwing paksis around like a schoolboy in a monkey enclosure.

OOC:

Astral Terrain1
no CL
cost 2 (remaining : 9)
upkeep 1
Force wall - blocks line of effect, not line of sight (I assume that means they can't walk through it)
AT2
9+6 vs CL 10 - pass
cost 2 (remaining : 7)
upkeep 1
Force wall
AT3
5+6 vs CL 10 - pass
cost 2 (remaining : 5)
upkeep 1
Force wall

Gravity Well
10+6 vs CL 10 - pass
cost 2 mana (total remaining : 3)
upkeep 1 (conduit)
All enemies within 2 have -2 to all magic and ranged attacks
Magic attack vs northernmost B
8+6 vs M.Def
if hit, B gets pulled down to GW

buff still up this turn, probably dropping next turn though

Nods to Miss Mourisette.

"I wish there were something of a defensive position, but there's not much in the way of a easily defendable position . If we all move down one corridor we can flush out the corridor's defenders, and then simple bottleneck our opponents up. Okay soldiers, follow me in."

Alexander leads the way, still moving in the direction that the noise is coming towards them.
OOC: Moving down the hallway with the noise coming towards us, moving to the head of the column. If I encounter an opponent, I will beat their face in. I'm still having problems with google docs. I shall try doing it on my desktop instead.

OOC: I'll move echo along once everyone is on the board as positioning and line of sight is important in their combat, Arthur is looking oh so lonely there.

Mikhail shoots a couple of times at the claw bot damaging it a bit. J.D. Tsuba steps up his traps, pulls one of the blade bots in. It moves out but does not have enough movement to attack anyone so moves as quick as it can to reach Mikhail. One of the blade bot tries to charge through the astral terrain but gets blocked by it so moves along the wall trying to find an opening. The last blade bot seeing no other target other than Mikhail charges and attacks him.

OOC: Mikhail: Attack vs Def: 16 Damage: 24 to column 6

Boarded up building

The three aliens swinging 'bolas' now swing the weapons at him, clearly fed up with the intruder they are dealing with.

OOC: Attacks: 18, 14 and 20 vs def. If any of those hit, auto grappled as they rolled high enough that you can't beat it. (They're getting 2d6 as opposed to your 1d6)

The alien in front of Raymond makes a high pitched chirping noise then carefully takes his weapon away. The other alien descends from his back still curious as to the creature in front of it. It seems to be creeping closer to Raymond to see how far it can get away with being close to him.

Last edited:

Remove ads